Autographs

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
It's amazing how many people @here have their priorities out of whack. I'm keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
IMG_4302.PNG

Attaboy Mike! That's why you're one of the best. Those little punk kids thought they were entitled to harass him for an autograph. Ungrateful little brats. Way to set them straight and teach them a valuable life lesson.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
People place value on all sorts of random things.

-I collect video games. Many of which are sealed and encased. Never have been played and never will be. They are literally pieces of metal and plastic, encased in plastic sitting on a shelf.
-People collect coins/stamps/antiques/cards/etc./etc. that are nothing of use, or just old crap.

Things are only worth the value that people place on them. That's true with collectible stuff or "real world" stuff like designer clothing or even houses. I think autographs are cool because it's like the player's seal of approval that was personally placed on the object. Lots of them have personal thoughts/history attached to them as well. Others may see them as ink ruining a card. It is what it is. If you don't care about value placed on things like that, you can spend your money on other stuff and be content.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
People place value on all sorts of random things.

-I collect video games. Many of which are sealed and encased. Never have been played and never will be. They are literally pieces of metal and plastic, encased in plastic sitting on a shelf.
-People collect coins/stamps/antiques/cards/etc./etc. that are nothing of use, or just old crap.

Things are only worth the value that people place on them. That's true with collectible stuff or "real world" stuff like designer clothing or even houses. I think autographs are cool because it's like the player's seal of approval that was personally placed on the object. Lots of them have personal thoughts/history attached to them as well. Others may see them as ink ruining a card. It is what it is. If you don't care about value placed on things like that, you can spend your money on other stuff and be content.

Wow. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse than autographs. Hoarding video games because you're going to waste your time playing them and rotting your brain out is bad enough but collecting them just so they can sit there and collect dust is literally one of the most pathetic things I've heard or read. Wise up, son.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad