Autographs

H382

Oct 20, 2006
So yesterday was my birthday and I got tickets to the Pens/Hawks game and I took my 6 year old son. His favorite player is Fleury and was wearing his jersey last night. After the game we decide to wait out the rush of people leaving and chill inside Console for a while. We went down to ice level and Fleury happened to come out for his post game interview. We went over to the run way to say good game before he went back into the locker room. Taking a shot in the dark I had my son take off his jersey and I got a marker and when MAF was walking back I asked if he could sign it for my son. He graciously accepted and it made my night as well as my sons. My sons smile was a mile wide for hours.

My question is.. Is this something a lot of players would/will do? Or was it more the fact it was Fleury who is just a good human in general combined with the fact it was a kid wearing his jersey?

Regardless of how MAF plays from here on out, he's got 2 lifelong fans here.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Fleury is a special guy. In a "specially awesome with fans" sense of the word. Don't expect that from every player.

Fleury plays in charity tournaments in Quebec during the Summer and he is the greatest guy I've ever met. Once, he even stopped his car, when recognized, to sign autographs and take pictures with kids. He didn't leave until everyone had an autograph or a pic. His wife took pictures and both were all smiles. Another time, a teammate had to pull him away from the crowd because he was running late for his game. He had spent 15-20 minutes chatting with people, signing autographs and taking pictures. He genuinely likes it. QUALITY QUALITY MAN! I really love this guy.

Sid signs a lot too, but he is more "business like" in his approach. He does it because he feels he ha stoo, but you can see that he doesn't enjoy it like FLeury does.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Fleury is really cool for that, I've talked to him a few times after games in montreal and he was always up to it with fans even if he played bad. Always took the time to talk and sign autographs. Now I just hope for him he can have a strong playoff performance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad