Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions)

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I did read and even with that it's a wash assuming that people want a photo. I get pucks signed and bring my own. Either way I'd put Boulton in the Rod Pelley $10 range until he does something for the Devils which I'm not holding my breath on.

NJallDay1995

Mar 7, 2011
Never forget my first ever pro sports autograph, a picture of Cam Jannsen that I got taken with him pretending to punch me in the face. He autographed it the next year. :)

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
You didn't put that on your post. Why are you so nasty when you're over here?

I am not trying to be. The player dictates the price by what he charges the business. Boulton is a brand new player and has been in the nhl 10 plus years he doesn't do many and sets his price when he does. I am not trying to be rude but people questioning price without reading are just doing it to be ball breakers. I try very hard to have devils at my bars and viewing parties for their fan base every chance I can. I am going to continue to try and please this great fan base as much as possible. Please pm me any questions..

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Except I did read. Boulton isn't worth that even with the picture included. The fact that you are throwing the picture in is just forcing business because like I said I get pucks signed and don't want to spend $5 on an 8x10 of what will likely be an obscure Devils in 4 years. And we've seen your twitter, no need to patronize us by calling us a great fanbase when you use other media to disrespect both us and the Islanders

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Except I did read. Boulton isn't worth that even with the picture included. The fact that you are throwing the picture in is just forcing business because like I said I get pucks signed and don't want to spend $5 on an 8x10 of what will likely be an obscure Devils in 4 years. And we've seen your twitter, no need to patronize us by calling us a great fanbase when you use other media to disrespect both us and the Islanders
See your just proving my point as a hater. I am far from a Devil hater as I have a lot of friends on the team and the fact some of my best friends are Devils fans makes your point mute. I am anti Marty and thats about it. It is personal and I have explained it many times so either pay attention or move on ok pal? My twitter is spent putting over guys like Parise and Clarkson all the time and hoping my good friend Frasier gets a chance so really lets both move on ok?

Hope you enjoy the signing guys

apice3*

^Treating people like that is a great way to get people to come to your business

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Such a great friend that he spells Fraser's last name wrong.

I'm not calling you a hater, I'm just exposing you for overcharging and it's you that isn't responding. You and ITG always claim you are charging what the athletes asks but when the same athlete does Sports Minded Unlimited or Sports Express they are $5-10 cheaper and even though I've never personally met you I can guarantee the customer service at both stores is miles ahead of you.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'll have to check it out. I don't really collect a lot of autographs, but they're cool to have. I have the mentality that a handshake and a brief conversation is worth more to me than some guy writing his name on a picture. Either way, I've read that certain players only sign things legitimately when the autograph is paid for at events, and random run-ins warrant a scribble just to keep the fans amused.

I haven't really seen that to be honest. The only guy that comes to mind is Drury from who I've gotten but even his signature was scribbles at Steiner events. It was very rare to get a full signature out of him. Every other player I've gotten has been there actual signature (this includes guys like Parise, Henrik, Toews, Stammer, etc.)

I'm not calling you a hater, I'm just exposing you for overcharging and it's you that isn't responding. You and ITG always claim you are charging what the athletes asks but when the same athlete does Sports Minded Unlimited or Sports Express they are $5-10 cheaper and even though I've never personally met you I can guarantee the customer service at both stores is miles ahead of you.

Never met Dagoon personally but people I know that have gone to his events have been really pleased and have said he's a nice guy.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
I haven't really seen that to be honest. The only guy that comes to mind is Drury from who I've gotten but even his signature was scribbles at Steiner events. It was very rare to get a full signature out of him. Every other player I've gotten has been there actual signature (this includes guys like Parise, Henrik, Toews, Stammer, etc.)

As someone who did it every game last year, some big names will use different signatures and only sign one thing per person. They don't want people making money off of their signature. I have seen it personally way to often.

Example: I was waiting for Tampa Bay to arrive one day. Stamkos signed his really nice and slow signature for me on my nice picture of him. The lady next to me was obviously a dealer and asked him to sign two pictures and didn't even say thank you or looked happy. He simply did an SS91 and walked away real quick.

Example 2 : When I got chara, he simply wrote Chara 33. Looks really really good regardless. But then I saw Pure Hockey had a contest to win a helmet signed by him, and it was a full sig, Zdeno Chara 33.

The big thing you can do NYR, is reference your autographs you have with those on EBAY. IF you see one from an event, you can compare it to your free one you got to see the difference if there is any. I have found out that it is about 50 50 in terms of if they have different free autographs or not. I just personally love the experience of collecting.

apice3*

How many people stay around for the Devils players? How long to the players usually hang out?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
As someone who did it every game last year, some big names will use different signatures and only sign one thing per person. They don't want people making money off of their signature. I have seen it personally way to often.

Example: I was waiting for Tampa Bay to arrive one day. Stamkos signed his really nice and slow signature for me on my nice picture of him. The lady next to me was obviously a dealer and asked him to sign two pictures and didn't even say thank you or looked happy. He simply did an SS91 and walked away real quick.

Example 2 : When I got chara, he simply wrote Chara 33. Looks really really good regardless. But then I saw Pure Hockey had a contest to win a helmet signed by him, and it was a full sig, Zdeno Chara 33.

The big thing you can do NYR, is reference your autographs you have with those on EBAY. IF you see one from an event, you can compare it to your free one you got to see the difference if there is any. I have found out that it is about 50 50 in terms of if they have different free autographs or not. I just personally love the experience of collecting.

Yeah I've already compared all of mine and they're all what you see on Steiner and eBay. I only ask for one photo or thing signed from players when I see them so that's probably why. I hate annoying players with more than that especially since they're nice enough to stop and sign.

I'm just basing it off the top guys I have gotten. You probably see it more since you've caught a lot of away teams and there's always a crowd at Prudential. I only get out to Prudential once in a while and it's usually before games when it's less crowded. I get a majority of my autos at MSG or the NHL Store.

As you said though, I don't really care either as long as it's nice. I have no intentions of selling these, I just like collecting autos as a hobby.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com

First off I have been involved in deals with some of the stores u mentioned and 2nd which one do u work at or for? please stop the bashing for the sake of doing it..

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
First off I have been involved in deals with some of the stores u mentioned and 2nd which one do u work at or for? please stop the bashing for the sake of doing it..

I don't work for any of them. I'm just a customer that chooses to spend his money elsewhere. I know Brain at Sports Minded will treat me well and always hooks me up for signings I can't make.

I'm not bashing you for the sake of doing it. You've yet to give me a valid excuse for your higher than normal prices. I'm not going to blindly believe your generic lies that the player is asking for that much.

fsu1852

Oct 18, 2011
Quick Question, What time is morning skate if I want to go and get autographs?
Thanks

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Quick Question, What time is morning skate if I want to go and get autographs?
Thanks

I usually get there for just before 10 to catch the road team coming in. After that, I'll go to the Devils side to catch them coming out. The Devils usually come out at 11-1130ish from my experience.

fsu1852

Oct 18, 2011
I usually get there for just before 10 to catch the road team coming in. After that, I'll go to the Devils side to catch them coming out. The Devils usually come out at 11-1130ish from my experience.

cool thanks a lot

NJ CUP*

Last year at the devils store they had like a 2ft tall stuffed devil mascot doll in uniform on skates....they don't have it this year and can't find it anywhere...anyone remember this guy? Know where I can find it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->