Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions)

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
It used to be 50 but then some guy started making knockoffs in his basement and the value died down. If you have a ticket stub or a program or something to prove you were at the game you can probably still get some decent money for it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It used to be 50 but then some guy started making knockoffs in his basement and the value died down. If you have a ticket stub or a program or something to prove you were at the game you can probably still get some decent money for it.

Bummer, I dont think I have anything other than banner and the memory of my now wife saying he was hot.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
I have some devils autographs that's I'm looking to protect from UV, was wondering if anyone had advice. I have a nice Elias plaque along with a few framed pictures with autos. What do you guys do to prevent the autos from fading?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Bummer, I dont think I have anything other than banner and the memory of my now wife saying he was hot.

I never really looked into it but there may be ways to tell them apart. All I know is that mine is real and has his auto on it now :)

I have some devils autographs that's I'm looking to protect from UV, was wondering if anyone had advice. I have a nice Elias plaque along with a few framed pictures with autos. What do you guys do to prevent the autos from fading?

I think the biggest key is to make sure that the auto isn't in direct sunlight

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
I have a Marty autographed puck, had it in a nice display case (which was supposely uv resistant) from NHL shop (I should have known better) but I noticed over the course of two years or so the auto faded, it wasnt in direct sunlight at all, it was in a room I didn't even open the blinds in. So bottom line is I took the puck out of the case after I realized but I don't want to put up these pics until I have a better way to keep them nice. Although what your saying is def right as far as if you have an auto in direct sunlight the uv breaks down the sharpie Wayyy faster, after a short period of time it will look like it was never signed.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Do you know if it was definitely signed in Sharpie? Some other pens fade a lot easier than Sharpie does.

It sucks but a lot of man caves are basements with no windows so no sunlight gets in at all. Obviously not everyone has that luxury though.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
Do you know if it was definitely signed in Sharpie? Some other pens fade a lot easier than Sharpie does.

It sucks but a lot of man caves are basements with no windows so no sunlight gets in at all. Obviously not everyone has that luxury though.

Good points, I don't know if I was signed in sharpie or something else. It's a white goalie practice puck with the MB30 logo on it used and signed by Marty.

Just want to prevent this fading from happening with all the signed pics.

Just the other day during the amazon sale I did buy the 12 puck case with uv protection

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
scan0001_zpsb0cf8c1f.jpg

bae

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Purchase. The only 1/1 I've managed to actually pull myself was of Marleau.

I might get around to scanning my Gelinas rookies. Didn't have a single autograph card but still have a couple cool shiny cards.

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
Isn't that the one that got away from a Merrill collection that got posted a while back? You and that guy should work something out

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
Purchase. The only 1/1 I've managed to actually pull myself was of Marleau.

I might get around to scanning my Gelinas rookies. Didn't have a single autograph card but still have a couple cool shiny cards.

Canada tag, this thing is going to be expen$ive!

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
I got a decent deal for it. Still a lot of coin for cardboard but a price I could live with

Yeah a card like that will always be very expensive so as long as you got a deal your happy with and a card you like its worth it. Going to display it or hide it away?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Display, definitely. Just finished up my Giants stuff. Now I'm working on my Devils stuff. It's all in boxes now but I hope to have most of it done before the season starts.

snartly

Dec 10, 2011
NJ
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I updated my post on my Jon Merrill PC. Acquired a few new cards since last post.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
You should see my Corrente collection then. Thankfully I lost little to no money on it because the cards were cheap to begin with :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad