Auto-Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
With the lack of person in the Mock Draft Board i decided to do this thread, Mods feel free to delete it i just want to say to everyone the great idea Emile had.
First I have to say this is not my Idea it's emile one but we don't know where he is and he had a great idea so to not kill this i decided to continue it but if he return I will give him all the list i receive and let him run the mock draft

I'm looking for 29 people who have enough knowledge of the draft pool to be able to submit an ordered list of 90-120 (or more) players. I will take the lists, and drafting instructions, and make a 3-4 round mock on this board.

The fun here is in the slight unpredictability and in not having to wait a month for people to make their picks. If people can make a list in a week or so, then the draft can commence immediately. What's more, if the same people want to, we can continue to tinker with and expand the lists and do longer follow-up drafts every month, until maybe doing a full 9-round mock right before the draft. It takes a little effort and some guesswork, but I made a 150 player list in about an hour. The CSB rankings have over 400 players alone, so its not too bad.

So, first come first serve to choose a team. Then PM me a list (or PM me for my e-mail if you want to send a file), and include your drafting instructions.

Instructions can be simple (for example)
*No more than 3 wings in the draft
*At least 3 European players
*A defenseman must be taken by round 3

Or more complex (for example)
*One or two defenseman in the first three rounds, and between two and four for the total draft
*One and only one goaltender to be taken by round five, a second may only be taken in rounds 8 or 9 if they are on a different continent than the one already taken.
(you can specify things like power forwards and skill defensemen, and I will judge them based on their size only as compared to the average. - definitions like 'sniper' can't be used because I can't guarantee that I know the skills of every player in the draft)

Etc. - You can build your instructions into the player rankings (ie Pittsburgh might put Marek Schwarz in the third round, because thats how far he'd have to fall before they'd take him. Or they can submit instructions to have the same effect). Obviously the instructions are geared to prevent teams from drafting 3 goalies, or 7 defenseman. I will follow the lists and instructions *exactly*, so make them sensible or look silly.

There are no trades (obviously), and the draft order will be based on the standings whenever I do the draft. Traded picks will be distributed as per the excellent website which can be linked from the main NHL discussion section.

I probably made the initial post overly complicated. If there is no instructions, I will select the best player available from your list. However, if you have too many instructions, you might miss a good player who is sliding. I guess it mirrors the real draft somewhat in the different strategies that teams use (draft for need, or just draft talent). I imagine that it might take a try or two for everyone to get their drafting strategies down.

Another rule - all players listed as eligible by CSB are eligible, regardless of opt-in status, until they are known to not have opted in. So Thelen, O'Neill, Pineault etc are fair game for now.
One team per person, sign up now.

TEAMS
Anaheim -
Atlanta - VernonForrest
Boston - Swervedriver
Buffalo - eSabre
Calgary - Avalanche 26
Carolina - emile
Chicago - HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN
Colorado - TopGun
Columbus - cvandenburg
Dallas -
Detroit - Rather Gingerly 1*
Edmonton - Seachd
Florida -
Los Angeles - emile
Minnesota - Cayouche5*
Montreal - Cayouche5
Nashville - Brock*
New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders - JNRhockeyGURU
New York Rangers - Rather Gingerly 1
Ottawa - PrussianBlue*
Philadelphia - VernonForrest*
Phoenix - Dan
Pittsburgh -
Saint Louis - Prussian Blue
San Jose - X-Sharkie
Tampa Bay -
Toronto - Brock
Vancouver - Fedz
Washington - Balej

*2nd team so they are available to someone who don't have any team yet.

Sign-Up Here
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=63895

Last edited:

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
Great idea!!

Great idea! I'll take Columbus if it is still available. I'll send my list by the end of the week. - cvandenberg

Last edited:

emile

Mar 12, 2003
dead in a ditch
Visit site
Can everybody who signed up go to Cayouche5's link and pick another team. I'm ready to try this out, so if everyone doubles up and submits a list by next week, we can have a mock at the time of the draft lottery.

Rather Gingerly 1*

emile said:
Can everybody who signed up go to Cayouche5's link and pick another team. I'm ready to try this out, so if everyone doubles up and submits a list by next week, we can have a mock at the time of the draft lottery.

Give me one of the top teams. I see Detriot is still available.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Cayouche5 said:
Good

Same list for Detroit ?

Yeah...ok, sense Detroit do not have many picks. It should not conflict with my other team.

Did you get my second list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->