Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
1rst Round
01. Washington Capitals (Balej): Alexander Ovechkin

02. Pittsburgh Penguins (Jaded-Fan): Evegeni Malkin

03. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): Cam Barker

04. Columbus BlueJackets (------): Rotislav Olesz
Rotislav was the BPA available, It was Schremp or Olesz in my mind and after some good reflexin I go for Olesz. Cause he is the safest pick and CBJ already have a flashy player in Zherdev.

05. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Lauri Tukonen

06. NewYork Rangers (Rather Gingerly 1): Robbie Schremp

07. Florida Panthers (Jaded-Fan): Wojtek Wolski

08. Carolina Hurricanes (emile): A.J. Thelen

09. Anaheim MightyDucks (------): Andrew Ladd
Once Again I did draft the BPA, I didn't know the needs of Anaheim very well so i drafted with the best strategy. Ladd is a potential power foward who works hard in the corners and can put the puck in the net.

10. Atlanta Thrashers (VernonForrest): Drew Stafford

11. LosAngeles Kings (emile): Marek Schwarz

12. Minnesota Wild (Cayouche5): Alexandre Picard
For Minnesota Picard and Stafford was on the top of my list and with Drew gone, Picard was the obvious choice. With Brent Burns back on Defense I think the Wilds need another foward and than draft a Defense with 2nd or 3rd pick.

13. Buffalo Sabres (------): Mike Green

14. Edmonton Oilers (Seachd): Alvaro Montoya

15. Nashville Predators (Brock): Wes O'Neill

16. NewYork Islanders (JNRhockeyGURU): Kyle Chipchura

17. Saint-Louis Blues (Prussian Blue): Jeff Schultz

18. Montreal Canadiens (Cayouche5): Boris Valabik
The guy i really wanted for the Habs was Thelen but i knew he will not be availale at 18th. I Think the habs still needs some good prospects at defense, Hainsey is still struggling , I hope he will make the team next season, Komisarek is good but he can't do the job alone. So on the top of my list was a guy, Boris Valabik who play with Kitchener, a monster at defense not much offense abilities but still a rock at defense and he play with a mean streak, at 6'6 he is exactly what the habs need.

19. Calgary Flames (Avalanche 26): Bruce Graham

20. Dallas Stars (-------): Ladislav Smid
I think The stars needs some Sniper buton the top of my list for them there was #1.Ladislav Smid and #2 Jakub Sindel. I choose Smid cause he was the best player available and the stars will not mind adding some good prospects at defense

21. Colorado Avalanches (TopGun): Andrej Meszaros

22. NewJersey Devils (Jason MacIsaac): Enver Lisin

23. Edmonton Oilers (PHI) (Seachd): Alexander Radulov

24. Vancouver Canucks (Fedz): Lukas Kaspar

25. Ottawa Senators (PrussianBlue): David Bolland

26. NewYork Rangers (TOR) (Rather Gingerly 1): Johan Fransson

27. Washington Capitals (BOS) (Balej): T.J. Hensick

28. SanJose Sharks (X-SHARKIE): Johannes Salomonsson

29. TampaBay Lightnings (TopGun): Devan Dubnyk

30. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Adam Pineault

2nd Round
31. Pittsburgh Penguins (Jaded-Fan): Vaclav Meidl

32. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): Evan McGrath

33. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Kirill Lyamin

34. Dallas Stars (-----): Jakub Sindel
What a suprise when we saw Sindel still available at 34. With no hesitation I pick him for them. A pure sniper, exactly what they need.

35. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Travis Zajac

36. NewYork Rangers (Rather Gingerly 1): Carl Soderberg

37. NewYork Rangers (FLO) (Rather Gingerly 1): Blake Wheeler

38. Carolina Hurricanes (emile): Ryan Garlock

39. Anaheim MightyDucks (------): Sami Lepisto
Once again i didn't know who to pick for anaheim so I drafted the BPA. Lepisto a puck mover defenseman who fall a bit. I Thought he will not pass the 1rst round.

40. Atlanta Thrashers (VernonForrest): Mark Fistric

41. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): David Krejci

42. Minnesota Wild (Cayouche5): Oscar Hedman
With a Foward in the first, the instructions was a Defense in the firts unless some fowards are available so Oscar Hedman was IMO the best Defense available and on the top of my list so no difficult choice here for the wilds

43. Buffalo Sabres (-----): Adam Berti
Don't know what to say, I go with BPA. Muck like Anaheim I don't know their need and Berti was a player who was rated to go in the 1rst round so at 43 i think he's a good pick for the Sabres.

44. Edmonton Oilers (Seachd): Petteri Nokelainen

45. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): Petr Pohl

46. NewYork Islanders (JNRhockeyGURU): Cory Schneider

47. Saint-Louis Blues (Prussian Blue): Aki Seitsonen

48. NewYork Rangers (TOR) (Rather Gingerly 1): Bryan Bickell

49. Florida Panthers (Jaded-Fan): Sergei Ogorodnikov

50. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): David Laliberte

51. Colorado Avalanches (TopGun): David Shantz

52. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Roman Tesyluk

53. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Roman Voloshenko

54. Pittsburgh Penguins (Jaded-Fan): Kyle Wharton

55. Ottawa Senators (PrussianBlue): Julien Ellis

56. Carolina Hurricanes (emile): Michael Funk

57. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): David Booth

58. SanJose Sharks (X-SHARKIE): Kris Chucko

59. TampaBay Lightnings (TopGun): Brett Carson

60. Boston Bruins (DET) (Swervedriver): Martins Karsums

Who's your :
1.Biggest Steal
2.Biggest Suprise
3.Best Draft so Far

Mine is
1. 57.David Booth ( Wash )
2. 17.Jeff Schultz ( STL )
3. Washington

I wrote some comments for my teams.
if you want me to add comments to explain your pick or your mistake just send it to me and I'll add it.

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Cayouche5 said:
41. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): ????? Kredcji

David Krejci

Nice job! (Other than the order, which I explained in the other thread). I can't wait for the rest of the rounds.

Rather Gingerly 1*

I think Ranger fans would be very happy with that draft. Robbie Schremp, Johan Fransson, Carl Soderberg, Blake Wheeler and Bryan Bickell in the first two rounds. That's what you call rebuilding a farm system in a hurry.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
1.Biggest Steal : Radulov at 23rd
2.Biggest Suprise : How late Nokelainen and Berti went
3.Best Draft so Far: Washington or Edmonton...

01. Washington Capitals (Balej): Alexander Ovechkin
27. Washington Capitals (BOS) (Balej): T.J. Hensick
30. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Adam Pineault
33. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Kirill Lyamin
57. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): David Booth

14. Edmonton Oilers (Seachd): Alvaro Montoya
23. Edmonton Oilers (PHI) (Seachd): Alexander Radulov
44. Edmonton Oilers (Seachd): Petteri Nokelainen

I think Washington got the most... aside from Ovechkin, Hensick is a very good pick at 27 and Lyamin's another good choice for the Caps. Booth and Pineault are both projects to me though.... maybe one of those could have been used on a defenseman.

Edmonton got the most out of what they had, A top notch goalie prospect (which they need), a dynamic scorer, and a checker with some offensive upside and great speed.... which the Oilers love.

thestonedkoala

What's the story on Hedman?

And I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wild again reach down and pick up Wheeler in the 2nd round.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Cayouche5 said:
34. Dallas Stars (-----): Jakub Sindel
What a suprise when we saw Sindel still available at 34. With no hesitation I pick him for them. A pure sniper, exactly what they need.

Im a bit confused - it somewhat sounds like you made your picks as you went? ie/ not quite automatically from a pre-compiled list like the other GM's. I think that puts a different slant on the picks if your picks werent under the same criteria as the others who didnt see the draft in progress. For instance I wonder if Sindel and Booth would really have fallen so far.

Not wanting to sound critical, just would like to clarify it. Good job putting together an ambitious project and Im sure everyone appreciates the work. :) Thanks

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
I think Ranger fans would be very happy with that draft. Robbie Schremp, Johan Fransson, Carl Soderberg, Blake Wheeler and Bryan Bickell in the first two rounds. That's what you call rebuilding a farm system in a hurry.

Not bad RG, but you can't take Bickell over the guys that were left. Voloshenko, Ogrodnikov, Wharton, Tesliuk,
Booth, Funk and especially Chucko, one of my faves.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Cayouche5 said:
17. Saint-Louis Blues (Prussian Blue): Jeff Schultz

Who's your :
1.Biggest Steal
2.Biggest Suprise
3.Best Draft so Far

Mine is
1. 57.David Booth ( Wash )
2. 17.Jeff Schultz ( STL )
3. Washington

Do you mean Schultz as a surprise is a good way, or a bad way?

You can't teach a guy to be big, and Schultz is that in spades. 11th-ranked North American at mid-term, so 17th overall doesn't seem to be too much of a reach. Sight-unseen, I'm happy with that pick, and with Aki Seitsonen in the second round.

If anyone's got any first-hand knowledge of Schultz, either for good or ill, I'd appreciate it.

Looking forward to the third round, where, based on my instructions and the players that have already been picked, I expect to get one of three players I was targeting heavily in that round.

PrussianBlue :blues

Rather Gingerly 1*

Bluenote13 said:
Not bad RG, but you can't take Bickell over the guys that were left. Voloshenko, Ogrodnikov, Wharton, Tesliuk,
Booth, Funk and especially Chucko, one of my faves.

The only one I would rank ahead of Bickell at that point would be Funk. And that would not be by a long shot.

I should have a decent shot at Paul Stastny in the third round

Rather Gingerly 1*

Biggest surprise to me was Bruce Graham going so high.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Stevex said:
Im a bit confused - it somewhat sounds like you made your picks as you went? ie/ not quite automatically from a pre-compiled list like the other GM's. I think that puts a different slant on the picks if your picks werent under the same criteria as the others who didnt see the draft in progress. For instance I wonder if Sindel and Booth would really have fallen so far.

Not wanting to sound critical, just would like to clarify it. Good job putting together an ambitious project and Im sure everyone appreciates the work. :) Thanks
Not really, I'll try to explain,
Almost everyone have 2 teams, ( MTL and MINN for me ) but nobody took Dallas so i took them, so basicly i did 3 list.
Just before the draft I PMed all the GM who i didn't send me their list, almost everybody said sorry i forgot it and i receive their list but Anaheim and Buffalo said nah sorry i don,t have the time, so I took my MTL list but with different instruction ( Except Anaheim who I had no idea what was their need so BPA ). I Had my list for every team, I think it was fair. Same think for Columbus, I PMed the guy but I never had so reply so Take my MTL list with BPA.
If you look at the Smid comments you will se that for Dallas after the 19 fisrt selection the list was like that.
#1.Smid
#2.Sindel
#3.Radulov
#4.Bolland
What i was trying to say is that Sindel would have been a better pick for dallas at #19 but Smid was ranked higher on my list and i never thougth he would be available at #34 so to have the opportunity to draft the players who were rated #1 and #2 on my list at #20 and #34 was a suprise.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I would have taken somebody different....Johannes Salomonsson over Jakub Sindel?

Hmm...

I'm looking forward to the next few rounds :)
well that was your list,

20 Ladislav Smid
21 Johannes Salmonsson
22 Jakub Sindel
23 Cory Schneider

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
PrussianBlue said:
Do you mean Schultz as a surprise is a good way, or a bad way?

You can't teach a guy to be big, and Schultz is that in spades. 11th-ranked North American at mid-term, so 17th overall doesn't seem to be too much of a reach. Sight-unseen, I'm happy with that pick, and with Aki Seitsonen in the second round.

If anyone's got any first-hand knowledge of Schultz, either for good or ill, I'd appreciate it.

Looking forward to the third round, where, based on my instructions and the players that have already been picked, I expect to get one of three players I was targeting heavily in that round.

PrussianBlue :blues
Either way,
I'm just suprise that he go that low, I thought he would be draft somewhere between 35 and 45. Maybe i underrate him.
I think Valabik is has big has Schultz but a better player. but hey, what do i know.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
The only one I would rank ahead of Bickell at that point would be Funk. And that would not be by a long shot.

I should have a decent shot at Paul Stastny in the third round
Not really since NYR don't have their 3rd round pick.
The only pick you have in the 3rd is the 90th with Detroit.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Cayouche5 said:
Not really since NYR don't have their 3rd round pick.
The only pick you have in the 3rd is the 90th with Detroit.

What happened to the Rangers third round pick?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cayouche5 said:
Not really, I'll try to explain,
Almost everyone have 2 teams, ( MTL and MINN for me ) but nobody took Dallas so i took them, so basicly i did 3 list.
Just before the draft I PMed all the GM who i didn't send me their list, almost everybody said sorry i forgot it and i receive their list but Anaheim and Buffalo said nah sorry i don,t have the time, so I took my MTL list but with different instruction ( Except Anaheim who I had no idea what was their need so BPA ). I Had my list for every team, I think it was fair. Same think for Columbus, I PMed the guy but I never had so reply so Take my MTL list with BPA.
If you look at the Smid comments you will se that for Dallas after the 19 fisrt selection the list was like that.
#1.Smid
#2.Sindel
#3.Radulov
#4.Bolland
What i was trying to say is that Sindel would have been a better pick for dallas at #19 but Smid was ranked higher on my list and i never thougth he would be available at #34 so to have the opportunity to draft the players who were rated #1 and #2 on my list at #20 and #34 was a suprise.

Perhaps a note to people who can't do something that they've signed up for is to back out gracefully and allow others to participate.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It was sent to Colorado...

Rather Gingerly 1 said:
What happened to the Rangers third round pick?

in the Barnaby deal. However, don't be shocked if Sather trades down with one of the 2nd round picks to get another 2nd and a 3rd. He's done just that twice before. Remember also that, this draft did not incl;ude the compensation pick from Edmonton (the Leetch pick), which will probably be at #40. Also, the Rangers will most receive a compensatory pick for not signing Umberger by June 1, which will be 46th.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
jas said:
Remember also that, this draft did not incl;ude the compensation pick from Edmonton (the Leetch pick), which will probably be at #40.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's #50 or later. Remember that the absolute highest a compensatory pick can be is #41, so Leetch in the $6 million range should be late-40s or early-50s.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Wow. if Washington was to really get all those players, they would have by far thee best farm in the league. Thats 1 hell of a sick draft. Hensick is amazing, Ovechkin is completely aamzing, pineault i hear isnt bad either, and lyamin is tight. WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->