Australian Baseball League Thread

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Ok so no Perth.

Graeme Lloyd has to be a coach somewhere right? Do they use a square ball or anything cool? I might could get into this.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
graeme lloyd. wow, now there's a name i haven't heard in decades

any former MLB'ers playing down under? can't say i've ever paid any attention to australian baseball

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Zach Sheperd (SYD-DET)
Rhys Hoskins (SYD-PHI)
Maxx Tissenbaum (BRS-TB)
Nick Ciuffo (BRS-TB)
Travis Demerritte (ADE-TEX)
Correlle Prime (PER-COL)
Sam Kennelly (PER-PIT)
Sam Gibbons (MEL-MIN)
Nick Hutchings (ADE-PIT)

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Blacktown International Sportspark in Sydney will be hosting a World Baseball Classic qualifier from February 11-14. The other 3 teams are New Zealand, South Africa, and the Philippines. It was rumored the 4th team was supposed to be Great Britain instead of the Philippines (that way you have a nice Commonwealth Sports group qualifier), but the British baseball federation apparently complained about the heat in Australia. :shakehead

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Going to baseball games over here can be brutal. I remember going to a game 2-3 years ago when it was 110+ degrees and that was terrible. I've been to cricket and soccer during some pretty bad heats but you get shading. Aces played at was called Showgrounds and the only shade you get is when you lock the toilet door behind you. People were dropping like flys.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
^ This is spring in Australia, so their summer is right around the corner, hence why their season is getting started now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->