Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
9 games.

Clearly Pettersen.

Actually come to think of Mattheews first game he had four goals.

Give me two more games and that will be more then enough time to know.

Side note- Jesus, I voted Matthews and only
Three other people in 19 did. I think people need to settle down I’ve watched every Vancouver game this season (only two three teams I watch every game there one) and he’s looking godly but MY god it’s been 9 games! Mittlestadt looked godly after six games and look at him now. Lol (ps he’s still looking okay just not getting ice time or burying) but Pettersen is definitely in a higher class.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Seems crazy but I'd take Pettersson. Matthews usually has a shot advantage in these polls, but he doesn't have much of one if one at all here

I think Pettersson will end up in the tier with MacKinnon just below McDavid

If you think Mackinnon is in another tier then Matthews and Matthews doesn’t have a chance here I don’t really know know what to say.....I mean....

After a decent rookie year Mackinnon had 38 pts in 68 games then a messily 52 and 53 in full seasons (which for a number one overall pick in a higher tier then Matthews is very Blah) before going crazy last year and being unreal. Same with this year. And guess what helped kickstart that? A guy who is leading the league in scoring, then there’s Landeskog who leads the league in goals, both of them KIND of help. He’s in the Same tier as MAtthews if anything. There are a number of centers who are having way better starts to their careers then Mackinnon who finally broke out with the help of those two. Suggesting he’s in a different tier then a player who controls the play on his own is nutty quite frankly.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If you think Mackinnon is in another tier then Matthews and Matthews doesn’t have a chance here I don’t really know know what to say.....I mean....

After a decent rookie year Mackinnon had 38 pts in 68 games then a messily 52 and 53 in full seasons (which for a number one overall pick in a higher tier then Matthews is very Blah) before going crazy last year and being unreal. Same with this year. And guess what helped kickstart that? A guy who is leading the league in scoring, then there’s Landeskog who leads the league in goals, both of them KIND of help. He’s in the Same tier as MAtthews if anything. There are a number of centers who are having way better starts to their careers then Mackinnon who finally broke out with the help of those two. Suggesting he’s in a different tier then a player who controls the play on his own is nutty quite frankly.

They can be in the same tier I get that. Matthews is just below him in that tier then

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
They can be in the same tier I get that. Matthews is just below him in that tier then

Yeah maybe. I don’t really rate guys ahead of others if they’re in the same group because it can go back and forth and theirs disadvantages for some players whether it be libemates, ice time, injuries, special teams, etc but it’s all subjective really.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Elias Pettersson has 9 goals, 15 points in his first 9 career games and has the third-highest points-per-game average in the NHL.

upload_2018-11-3_13-9-47-png.151593

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
For now Matthews. Let's wait how Pettersson sustains/develops his level.

Yeah exactly

Not sure how serious people voting for Petterson are but ive actually always been pretty high on him so who knows if he doesn't blow it up and reach a crazy level that rivals Matthews.

But until he has a year under him and you get faith he can keep this up and become a better player than Matthews this shouldn't be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad