Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Sucks , I bet it’s longer term. What a shame. Maybe we should sell, sell off JVR. Depending on how long this injury is.

We should sell jvr if Matthews is 100% fit. The package we get for jvr can be used to get a dman like mcdonagh or I guess green if you’re into him I’m not really but the 1st we get for jvr can go for green m

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
We should sell jvr if Matthews is 100% fit. The package we get for jvr can be used to get a dman like mcdonagh or I guess green if you’re into him I’m not really but the 1st we get for jvr can go for green m
Why would we sell JVR for a first and blow it on Mike Green? How does that make us bette?r

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I am eager to hear the update, and crossing my fingers it is not bad.
I could see it being a shoulder or collarbone. Just the way he was sandwiched, limb could have been impacted in two different directions at the same time.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I am eager to hear the update, and crossing my fingers it is not bad.
I could see it being a shoulder or collarbone. Just the way he was sandwiched, limb could have been impacted in two different directions at the same time.

If it is bad and we become sellers of our UFA. It may have a positive outcome for the future of this franchise as terrible as that may sound. I obviously think he is fine and will be at practice or maybe miss a game with some tweak but, you never know.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Babcock has been pretty consistent with his generic "I think he's fine" comments post-game about players who have been injured, from Andersen to Kadri.

The coach didn't offer any of that last night.

This is a concern.
Mri i bet

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
First the Matthews injury, then that overtime last night.

IMG_6393.GIF

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
That would be a bad thing.

Players are targeting him
Just like Philly took down McDavid.
LOL. not even remotely close to the truth. that was just manning being an idiot and awful hockey player like usual.

member 262271

Injuries happen, I'd just like Matty to be 100% percent for the playoffs. The leafs can live without him if need be,

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Im hoping it was just a dislocated shoulder, judging on how severe the hit looked. Kinda looked like his shoulder just got squished away from his body.

worse case scenario, its a torn rotator cuff and he needs surgery and is out 3-4 months. Please god not that one

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If Matthews is injured, we need to get someone to mess up Clutterbuck.

March 30, 2018
upload_2018-2-23_11-21-18.png

The fact that the Leafs havent said much means he's injured.

They would have dismissed the injury already if it was minor.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
If this is long term (rest of season+playoffs) i don't see how we don't sell off our UFA's. Sucks to send that kind of message to our team but gotta be realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad