Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Man, I'm bummed, but my personality always has me thinking the worst possible scenario, so I know I need to stay patient. The way the Leafs report injuries to the media doesn't help though.

Looking back at the incident, it didn't look all that bad when he first got hit, which was a good initial sign, but then it looked worse as he skated away and his eventual reaction on the bench looked terrible. I'd like to think that if it was a really bad injury he would've been in much worse shape immediately after the hit, but then again, what do I know?

*fingers crossed*

Reactions: saffronleaf

member 147413

Rest him up for a bit, throw Nylander at C.

Marleau - Kadri - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Leivo - Nylander - Hyman
Komarov - Moore - Kapanen

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
What!? Gary Roberts turned Stamkos into a man, made him sweat raw power and testosterone fueled adrenaline juice! Turned little wimpy Stammy into a PPG player that was a driver. No myth, Roberts inspires hockey players, don't be a fool and kid yourself. Gary is a Legend and owns you metaphysically all day and night!

Pretty sure Stamkos has had his share of injuries that Roberts couldn't prevent.

Yup, he's missed quite a bit of time.
Steven Stamkos hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs don't practice until noon today, not sure if I can hold my breath for two-three more hours

Lol I'm in the same boat.

Between Babcock's comments, Marner's comments and Matthews bench reaction, I'm expecting the worst.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Pretty sure Stamkos has had his share of injuries that Roberts couldn't prevent.

Yup, he's missed quite a bit of time.
Steven Stamkos hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com
Also, Stamkos became what he is because he is just a talented player. Only reason he had 23 goals his rookie year was because that dinosaur Melrose had him on the 4th line all season until he was fired. Stamkos had just 4 points in 16 games and was a healthy scratch 3 times until they got rid of Melrose and he started tearing it up afterwards. Stamkos was always going to be a superstar whether he worked out with Roberts or not.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Honestly think we’re wasting our time anyways waiting for Babcock presser. He’s just gonna say upper body day to day regardless even it’s actually day to day or 2 months.

Or...

ac-separation-2.jpg

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
What is your deal? Do you hate Auston? Life? Jesus. "Shutting him down is gonna be quite easy"??? What planet are you on? The dude is already playing injured and still scores every other game.

He is 100% contrarian. If for some reason we all turned on Matthews (I know not possible) his stance would be Matthews is the greatest. He only exists to do the opposite of everyone else

Reactions: Rogie

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
What did Marner say?

"It sucks. He’s a big part of this team. He’s a once in a lifetime player on a team, so it’s nice to have that and it sucks when you see him go out of a game. But he’ll come back stronger, he’ll be fine."

Just came off weird to me, like they know it's a bit more serious than a normal injury.

Reactions: saffronleaf

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If it is actually broken isn't that a 12 week injury including reconditioning it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad