Confirmed with Link: Auston Matthews named Atlantic Division Captain

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's highly doubtful that both will go, and when I construct the team, neither of them make it.... not because they don't deserve it, but because every team needs a player in the game.
There are eight teams, with eleven players going. Three D, 2 G, and six forwards.

The best D? In terms of scoring, that's Rielly, Chabot and Yandle.... so that's Ottawa and Florida with a player each in the game now..
The most wins for G? Andersen and Price, so that's Montreal with a player in the game...

Then in terms of points leaders of forwards, in order.

Kucherov - Tampa
Marner
Eichel - Buffalo's representative
Pastranak - Boston's rep
Point - Does he go, so Tampa, the top team in the league has two, and more balance, by teams selected?

So the only team without a player is Detroit - Larkin...

So the question being, is it Marner who goes, or Point?

Although it would be fun for Marner....would it be best for him to have a little break?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
What's the most players from one team ever been? Anyone know?

IIRC, there's been four before. Five would be the max, considering every team has to be represented, but not sure if that's happened yet.

Congratulations to Auston for making the team (and as captain).

Last edited:
Reactions: TML Dynasty

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The all star game should be changed to a three team format by adding the Stanley cup Champion to the mix!!!

I think that would completely change the way the all star game would be viewed. It would instantly add competitiveness to it????

Just saying....

Reactions: unitedstars87

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Seriously??? So it just cost us cap space. Yippee....

There is a maximum of 850k for Schedule 'A' bonuses, even without the all-star game selection, he probably would have maxed out by achieving the follwing at 212,500 each:

(ii) Goals: 20 Goal Minimum
(iii) Assists: 35 Assist Minimum
(iv) Points: 60 Point Minimum
(v) Points Per Game: .73 Points Per Game Minimum (minimum 42
Regular Season Games played)

If not these, then probably this:

(i) Ice time (aggregate and/or per Game). Player must be among top six (6) forwards on the Club (minimum 42 Regular Season Games played by Player and comparison group). (Note: an Entry Level SPC may contain bonuses for both aggregate and per Game ice time; however, the maximum aggregate amount the Player may receive on account of the ice time category is $212,500.)

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
IIRC, there's been four before. Five would be the max, considering every team has to be represented, but not sure if that's happened yet.
Once Seattle joins the league, there will be 8 teams in each division and 11 roster spots (assuming no major changes to ASG or division setup), so going forward the maximum players from one team will be 4, which Tampa had last year (Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Point/Hedman).

Reactions: Buds17

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's highly doubtful that both will go, and when I construct the team, neither of them make it.... not because they don't deserve it, but because every team needs a player in the game.
There are eight teams, with eleven players going. Three D, 2 G, and six forwards.

The best D? In terms of scoring, that's Rielly, Chabot and Yandle.... so that's Ottawa and Florida with a player each in the game now..
The most wins for G? Andersen and Price, so that's Montreal with a player in the game...

Then in terms of points leaders of forwards, in order.

Kucherov - Tampa
Marner
Eichel - Buffalo's representative
Pastranak - Boston's rep
Point - Does he go, so Tampa, the top team in the league has two, and more balance, by teams selected?

So the only team without a player is Detroit - Larkin...

So the question being, is it Marner who goes, or Point?
There's also a fan vote for the last man in which complicates things. I'm sure the Leaf fans can flex their muscles and put someone in. So I'm guessing they want to meet the quota for each team before that vote.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Once Seattle joins the league, there will be 8 teams in each division and 11 roster spots (assuming no major changes to ASG or division setup), so going forward the maximum players from one team will be 4, which Tampa had last year (Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Point/Hedman).

Good call. We'll see if a team can get to five before Seattle comes in.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rielly has to go.

Matthews making it probably means mitch is out.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Andersen can't make it, imo. not enough of a standout compared to other leafs, and other Atlantic goalies.

Halak .930
Vasilevskiy .928

Andersen .923
Howard .922

Hutton .917

Anderson .905
Luongo .905
Price .904

also it would be silly for Price to be the Habs' representative. should be domi.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Rielly has to go.

Matthews making it probably means mitch is out.

Auston taking Mitch out of the ASG like this:

acd65c2fabca83a0bb504c6471407e95.gif

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Andersen can't make it, imo. not enough of a standout compared to other leafs, and other Atlantic goalies.

Halak .930
Vasilevskiy .928

Andersen .923
Howard .922

Hutton .917

Anderson .905
Luongo .905
Price .904

also it would be silly for Price to be the Habs' representative. should be domi.

From a wins perspective, it's Andersen and Price with the most wins.

Domi? He's sixteenth in the division, in points for forwards... when there are spots for six forwards, likely five forwards, plus the fan vote in...

Forwards
Matthews
Kucherov
Pastranak
Eichel
Larkin

are pretty much locks.. it's that sixth forward... chances are, that's the fan vote in spot... Before that fan vote in, every team has to be represented...

D - Rielly, Chabot, Yandle.... unless you drop Rielly, and why would you drop the leading D scorer in the league? G - Price as the Montreal rep, by wins... and Andersen has the most wins in the division, unless you want to send Halak or Vasilevkiy with their 12 wins, to Andersen's 20... Would you send Halak over Pastranak?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
From a wins perspective, it's Andersen and Price with the most wins.

Domi? He's sixteenth in the division, in points for forwards... when there are spots for six forwards, likely five forwards, plus the fan vote in...

Forwards
Matthews
Kucherov
Pastranak
Eichel
Larkin

are pretty much locks.. it's that sixth forward... chances are, that's the fan vote in spot... Before that fan vote in, every team has to be represented...

D - Rielly, Chabot, Yandle.... unless you drop Rielly, and why would you drop the leading D scorer in the league? G - Price as the Montreal rep, by wins... and Andersen has the most wins in the division, unless you want to send Halak or Vasilevkiy with their 12 wins, to Andersen's 20... Would you send Halak over Pastranak?

eh. domi and Larkin are pretty much the same this year, and Howard has been massively better than Price. I go with domi and Howard over Larkin and price.

wins is a rather poor stat to judge goalies by, btw.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think JT is going to get screwed, so is Andersen. They can't not have Marner and Rielly. Those will be our 3 all-stars IMO.

I'm sure HF will be thrilled for Matthews though.
I think we have four go, five deserve too.

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
The league wants the top 15 scorers in there if possible so mitch will get in and they can't leave out rielly so i see jt and freddy not going. Oh what a wonderful problem to have.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Four darn good players being chosen. Well deserved as well for Matthews. I always expected him to end up going. Although wasn't as sure if he'd be voted in when all this started.

Will be interesting to see which Leafs go. An interesting change since there are multiple players who deserve to be there and probably won't get to go. So probably Marner and Rielly get in. I'm fine with Andersen getting the time off since he could use it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I appreciate wins are a poor stat alone to judge a goalie... yet the Vezina has gone to a top three goalie in wins, for the last few years.... Holtby won the Vezina as the 8th best Save Percentage that year, but most wins.... Howard has a better save percentage, but TEN wins... Really though, I don't care too much.. swap Domi and Howard in for Larkin and Price... is fine by me...

The Sixth forward likely ends up being Marner, if Toronto fans vote en masse... unless everyone else does the, anybody but Toronto player vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->