Auston Matthews Milestone 100th career goal at 21 yo

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
hard to believe eichel hasnt hit 100 yet with a season head start

remember when matthews woulda went 3rd in the 2015 draft leafs fans?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Laine isn't in the same league has Matthews. last 84 games (incl playoffs)

Laine: 30g/50pts
Matthews: 47g/89pts

like i said, not in the same league

He truly is an Elite goal scorer. GPG since he entered the league

2n6ddtv.png

Reactions: Westcoastsniper

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Laine isn't in the same league has Matthews. last 84 games (incl playoffs)

Laine: 30g/50pts
Matthews: 47g/89pts

like i said, not in the same league

Keep telling yourself that.

Laine is one hot streak away from closing the mouths of all his doubters and haters.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I like that Matthews is more of a goalscorer. Obviously he still has playmaking skills, but we need some shooters in the league, as well as the more typical "pass-first" playmaking C.

Congrats to the dude from the desert.

He is closer to G/A then people think, he specifically called it out n the off season. He currently has 27 G and 26 A this year.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Laine is one hot streak away from closing the mouths of all his doubters and haters.

Matthews has 4 less goals in 26 less games. That's more then a hot streak away, that's a hot streak and Matthews being ice cold at the same time.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Matthews has 4 less goals in 26 less games. That's more then a hot streak away, that's a hot streak and Matthews being ice cold at the same time.

Go back and look at Laine's November stats where he scored 5 goals in one game and lit up teams.

The only good thing about this slump is we get to sign Laine on the cheap.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Go back and look at Laine's November stats where he scored 5 goals in one game and lit up teams.

The only good thing about this slump is we get to sign Laine on the cheap.

Once Gagner gets out of the AHL, Matthews is in trouble. He only has to go on a 10-game hot streak to put up 80 points based on that one game.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Why do fans have to come in and go "Player x is better"? Like who cares? Matthews is obviously one of the NHL's top talents and will be, like many said, McDavid's Malkin of the next generation. Even earlier in the year when people picked Mackinnon before he came back to earth, people ignored that MacKinnon came no where close to the play Matthews is at until he was 2 years older than him. When Matthews is 23 he'll be scoring 100 points and 50 goals regularly.

Just enjoy him.

Reactions: Dustin

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016

Even if that streak is hotter than his hottest streak he doesn’t touch Matthews. Probably not even Marner.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

This and the fact that Matthews is also a great playmaker and a 200ft player, he is such a role model at such young age. He has a great attitude and is already a great leader. Laine is a one-dimensional shooter, nothing else and now he doesn't even have that going for him for so long. That's why Laine isn't even in the same league as Matthews. We had that kind of player in Kessel but Kessel always had more assists than goals and was far, far better than Laine. Kessel is still great and I'd love to him back on our team (now that he doesn't have to be a leader or the face of the franchise) but he doesn't compare to Crosby and never will.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Marner is honestly better than Matthews.

Laine is still close to Matthews despite his huge slump.
No he's not :laugh: He has 2 less goals, 15 less assists, 17 less points in 15 more games. What makes him close?

Laine is also -17. AM is 0.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Congrats.

As a habs fan, I think he'll do better these playoffs. Unless they play Montreal, then he can do really well the next year.

If the guy wasn't on Toronto he wouldn't be hated as much as he is. Toronto gets someone who's really good, they gush over him. There's so many of them that it annoys everyone, so people look for anything to bring him down.

Don't bring Laine into this. His cold streak has got to be causing concern for people.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Congrats.

As a habs fan, I think he'll do better these playoffs. Unless they play Montreal, then he can do really well the next year.

If the guy wasn't on Toronto he wouldn't be hated as much as he is. Toronto gets someone who's really good, they gush over him. There's so many of them that it annoys everyone, so people look for anything to bring him down.

Don't bring Laine into this. His cold streak has got to be causing concern for people.
I don't even know if Laine can be considered a cold streak at his point. Aside from November he has been absolutely brutal.

Imagine this place if he was a Leaf :laugh:

Reactions: Kamiccolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->