TSN: Auston Matthews goal celebration, yes or no?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
was a good but you cant do it when you have a goalie thats not NHL level playing on your team lol

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
As many others have said, I enjoyed it, and enjoyed it even more when Kane did it back. Knowing they're friends and trained together made it fun to watch.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I definetly cringed during it.. Plus in my old timers' hockey league last time a guy did a celebration like that it started I line brawl..I miss Yzerman, Sakic, celebrations etc. Hopefully he cuts that stuff out because it gets on my nerves. Damn millennials

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I definetly cringed during it.. Plus in my old timers' hockey league last time a guy did a celebration like that it started I line brawl..I miss Yzerman, Sakic, celebrations etc. Hopefully he cuts that stuff out because it gets on my nerves. Damn millennials
never seen old time hockey or Tiger play?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
well Kane copied Auston so yeah it was karma, back at ya type
Maybe. But karma is generally thought of as something that affects you in the NEXT life. However I doubt this is the appropriate place for that conversation :laugh:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
never seen old time hockey or Tiger play?
There would be a fight if this was the old days.. Didnt Eller get beaten up by Marchand for this?. I liked the Colorado goal celebration because it was more a shot at the refs but this one was showboating and Kane gave it right back to him.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Yes!!! I want our players to show emotion when they score! Means they want to win and excited .

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
our brand of hockey may not win a cup but its darn entertaining. i'd love 79 more games like last night

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Do it for a gamer winner but not before. Gets the other team too fired up.

It's funny people rag on Don Cherry for this but he is right. Showboat or whatever but it will come with consequences from the other team. Unless that ever changes Don will always be right on this.

Reactions: frog

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Its like grabbing the front of the jersey. Why rile up the other team anymore than the goal already did? I guess kids don't feel the need to be humble anymore.

It's why basketball and football are more about the bitchy drama queens than the actual sport. Kids love the drama.

Reactions: frog

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I recall Pastrnak did it quite often before but for some reason he stopped.

Personally I don't have any issues with it...

LET'S GO BABY!

X1iR19M.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->