Auston Matthews goal against Buffalo wins Leafs Nation top play of the season

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Absolutely lost my mind when he scored that one. The Marner goal might have been more important in the game, but there's something sweet about the rivalry games with Buffalo. The OT buzzer-beater from last year is probably the loudest I've screamed for a goal in years

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews >>drai ainec

It's funny you say that. I find Auston Matthews game to be a lot more skillful than Draisaitl's, but Drai seems to have perfected the big man's game where he uses his size to eat up space and hold the puck and is really efficient just attacking the net in a straight line at or putting the puck on net. Once Matthews figures out a little bit more of that power game I think you might see him surpass Draisaitl's production.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Absolutely lost my mind when he scored that one. The Marner goal might have been more important in the game, but there's something sweet about the rivalry games with Buffalo. The OT buzzer-beater from last year is probably the loudest I've screamed for a goal in years
Even though that Matthews goal in overtime against Buffalo happened on the road. It was still like a home game when you hear how loud the Leafs fans were when the goal was scored.

Reactions: saffronleaf

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
The Matthews' goal against Buffalo is definitely the most pleasing on the eyes, a very slick move, and always satisfying to see AM score a goal against the Sabres, especially with their fans' incessant insistence about how Eichel is better.

Based on game context and meaning though, as well as how it represents this first season of Matthews + Marner magic...I really like that Carolina goal. That game was definitely one of the best of the season, and that play really stands out as big from that game. A good memory to cherish over and above the Ayres game as well.

Can't go wrong with either, personally I'd take the Canes goal though.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
It's funny you say that. I find Auston Matthews game to be a lot more skillful than Draisaitl's, but Drai seems to have perfected the big man's game where he uses his size to eat up space and hold the puck and is really efficient just attacking the net in a straight line at or putting the puck on net. Once Matthews figures out a little bit more of that power game I think you might see him surpass Draisaitl's production.

Drai is very good at parking his but in front of the net and waiting for mcd to give him the puck. If Matthews played on mcds line he would score 80 goals... Matthews >drai ainec

Spargon

May 31, 2019

I think the problem with the perception with Matthews and why people call him overrated it because his game is all about small technical things and not big flashy things. Matthews makes so many high skill technical things look so effortless those who watch him truly appreciate how amazing he is but his highlight reel doesn't scream TOP 10 player which is why I think he ruffles some people (on top of being that good and a Leaf) sorry slightly aside from your comment but on the same vein.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->