Auston Matthews Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It's amazing that he doesn't even need to use it and he's still leading the league in scoring. He can score in any way. Doesn't matter how, it just goes in the net :laugh:

I've been saying that for years. I remember some guy mocking me on the main board maybe 2 or so years ago when I suggested it's impossible to contain him because of how many ways he can score. Shelved goals, 5 holer's, skate through the crease back handers, short side tuck ins, one timers, dekes, defender screen shots. This wrist injury proves I'm right, he's almost impossible to contain.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It has also been a while since his signature toe-drag-snipe made an appearance.

It's all in the wrist.

K1Kz5G.gif

one of my fav Matthews moments / goals. It was what, 3.4 secs left in OT? Crazy.

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Last night he looked like best player in da world ... he did it all ... won faceoffs, scored, played great defense, hit people, skated puck up ice by himself to get us out of trouble and added an assist at same time ... plus he played a great game down low behind net ... OMG i wish he did that ever single night

he's become very consistent at playing at this level. Consistency in compete was a bit of a concern for me, mainly during that last stretch with Babcock. Since Keefe has come on board, he's been beasting pretty consistently.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
If he scores 10 more goals than Mcdavid does it make up for being 15-20 point behind?

10 goals are worth more than 15 assists if you ask me. I don’t think the Hart race is over just yet.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
If he scores 10 more goals than Mcdavid does it make up for being 15-20 point behind?

10 goals are worth more than 15 assists if you ask me. I don’t think the Hart race is over just yet.

He is a way better goal scorer than McDavid... and yes, goals mean more to me as well =)

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Go to the Leafs page here.

Scroll down and look at bottom right corner. It'll say "show ignored content", click on that then scroll back up and you should see the GDT if infact poster was ignored.

Yeah, so I go to the Leafs forum, scroll to the bottom right, there is no such thing on my screen. oh well. thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad