Tribute Auston Matthews Discussion "the Beauty" Edition

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That was a fun game and thoroughly enjoyable, but if the Leafs want to be a consistent winner, they really can't have those emotional roller coasters like the Carolina game. Because the flipside is the Chicago and Florida game. In terms of building a team that can cruise to the playoffs, you need to win with more efficiency and less "heroics."
I agree that you never want to see a win where the Leafs allow 6 goals like they did in that game, even though they won it with 8 goals scored themselves.

I was only using it as an example at how well Matthews and Marner play together, along with how stupid Babcock was for not giving them another chance besides 1 game where they could play on the same line together at 5v5.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I was gonna say I hope he scores a trio next game, so he'd have 1 more than Pastrnak in same games played, but we all know Matthews scores in pairs moreso than hat tricks, so I'll settle for 2 :P

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since Matthews seems to get going on a streak when he scores a goal after not scoring in a previous game does anyone think that will happen starting tomorrow, even though his only goal last night was into an empty net.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Since Matthews seems to get going on a streak when he scores a goal after not scoring in a previous game does anyone think that will happen starting tomorrow, even though his only goal last night was into an empty net.

Honestly, he's gonna go a few games without a goal here and there, but for the most part he's just gonna score goals all the time for the forseeable future IMO. He's been very consistent throughout his career.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly, he's gonna go a few games without a goal here and there, but for the most part he's just gonna score goals all the time for the forseeable future IMO. He's been very consistent throughout his career.
I hope he continues that streak of going no more than 2 games if he doesn't get a point. Although in a perfect world he would get at least 1 point in every remaining game.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Still time for them to fix it, but definitely looked to me like Matthews won that draw into the ice Johnsson skated into. If Stars won it, there's not reason for it have gone where it did imo... not based on stick angles anyway.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Goal #36 for Matthews tonight.

Since the Leafs next game is this Saturday against Ottawa I would be surprised if Matthews doesn't get any goals, because so far in his career he always seem to score against them.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Need him to get another 4 goal game against them to get an even 40 in 52.
If he's going to score 4 goals in a game what better team to do that against than Ottawa.

On opening night this season he scored 2 goals and should have had a 3rd goal, however he got taken down before he could get the puck into the empty net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad