Tribute Auston Matthews Discussion "the Beauty" Edition

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This isn't a major deal in the long term but why is Brady Tkachuk the one who replaced Matthews on the Atlantic All Star roster? You think it would have been another Maple Leafs player and I thought why not ask William Nylander to take his place?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This isn't a major deal in the long term but why is Brady Tkachuk the one who replaced Matthews on the Atlantic All Star roster? You think it would have been another Maple Leafs player and I thought why not ask William Nylander to take his place?
I would think Tavares would be next in line.
Really though there are players more deserving than Tkachuk, Nylander or Tavares.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I would think Tavares would be next in line.
Really though there are players more deserving than Tkachuk, Nylander or Tavares.
I never thought of Tavares because of those games he missed when his finger was injured, although I guess in terms of seniority he might have been ahead of Nylander.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
When the PHWA announced their midseason award winners they had Matthews 2nd for the Lady Bying Trophy behind Nathan MacKinnon.

PHWA announces 2019-20 Midseason Award winners

Lady Byng Trophy
- to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.
1. Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche
2. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs
3. Ryan O’Reilly, St. Louis Blues

Now in terms of peanlties minutes this season Matthews had 6:00 total and MacKinnon has 8:00 total. Plus Matthews is ahead in goals 34 - 30, however MacKinnon has more points with 72 compared to 57 for Matthews.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When the PHWA announced their midseason award winners they had Matthews 2nd for the Lady Bying Trophy behind Nathan MacKinnon.

PHWA announces 2019-20 Midseason Award winners

Lady Byng Trophy
- to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.
1. Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche
2. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs
3. Ryan O’Reilly, St. Louis Blues

Now in terms of peanlties minutes this season Matthews had 6:00 total and MacKinnon has 8:00 total. Plus Matthews is ahead in goals 34 - 30, however MacKinnon has more points with 72 compared to 57 for Matthews.
Not sure how I feel about this one.
I'm thinking I would like him to be a little meaner but I don't know if that would be an improvement.
He's been excellent.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure how I feel about this one.
I'm thinking I would like him to be a little meaner but I don't know if that would be an improvement.
He's been excellent.
In the past he's been talked about being a possible nominee for the award since his penalty minutes are always so low. However it never happened because of his injuries the last 2 seasons.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
82989373_10158133876587652_5905480942809513984_n.jpg

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Matthews is a top 5 player in hockey when he wants to be. He’s something else when he shows spurts of really wanting the puck. I just wanna see what him with Marner could do on a line together from now on. It’s gonna be one of the best lines in the NHL starting now so hopefully we can see some playoff success.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews is a top 5 player in hockey when he wants to be. He’s something else when he shows spurts of really wanting the puck. I just wanna see what him with Marner could do on a line together from now on. It’s gonna be one of the best lines in the NHL starting now so hopefully we can see some playoff success.
These goals scored last month against Carolina is why Leafs fans wanted to see Matthews and Marner on the same line at 5v5 and thank god Sheldon Keefe is not like Mike Babcock and thought it was a good idea putting them together.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
These goals scored last month against Carolina is why Leafs fans wanted to see Matthews and Marner on the same line at 5v5 and thank god Sheldon Keefe is not like Mike Babcock and thought it was a good idea putting them together.

That was a fun game and thoroughly enjoyable, but if the Leafs want to be a consistent winner, they really can't have those emotional roller coasters like the Carolina game. Because the flipside is the Chicago and Florida game. In terms of building a team that can cruise to the playoffs, you need to win with more efficiency and less "heroics."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->