Austin Wagner signs a three year extension. Grundstrom also signs for 2 years! Update: Walker signs

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I liked that line a lot and it suited Wagner most of all (I’m not yet convinced by Wagner, but like the contract). However Kempe also worked well with Vilardi and Frk, so I’m not certain as most seem to be that Kempe - Lizotte - Wagner are a lock as a unit. Do not get me wrong I’m not saying they won’t be, but much depends on whomever steps up to make LW on the roster, and who the best fit ends up being with Vilardi and (possibly) Byfield. I think it’s more likely Kempe lines up along one of those guys.
I think that spot on the second line is Grundstroms to lose. I also think Fagemo steals a spot out of camp and it could be that one. If Grundstrom doesnt get with it we will likely see Carter or Kempe there.
Kempe - Lizotte - Wagner is the 4th line for the next kings cup!!!

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I think that spot on the second line is Grundstroms to lose. I also think Fagemo steals a spot out of camp and it could be that one. If Grundstrom doesnt get with it we will likely see Carter or Kempe there.
Kempe - Lizotte - Wagner is the 4th line for the next kings cup!!!

2 things:

1) one of them is probably going in the expansion if they play their cards right.
2) If either of them have a spot on this team in 3 years, things have gone horribly wrong.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
2 things:

1) one of them is probably going in the expansion if they play their cards right.
2) If either of them have a spot on this team in 3 years, things have gone horribly wrong.
You are probably right. I could see wagner breaking out or becoming a grabner type player that carves himself a career in the league.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I know I am probably by myself on this one, but I'd rather lose Walker than Wagner.
I'd rather lose Wagner any day and twice on Sundays than Wallker whose a RD and the Kings have precious few of them besides Doughty that are any good(respect due youngsters Durzi and Spence)...PS Roy is pretty good too but I think both Walker and Roy are numero cinque-Dman on a contender...the Kings need that V Voynov type that can be a top 3-4

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
You are probably right. I could see wagner breaking out or becoming a grabner type player that carves himself a career in the league.
A Grabner type...you are kidding right...Wags won't score 20 goals in a season ever...he's a 4th line speedster who draws penalties

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I liked the Muzzin trade, but have to admit now I just hope one of Grundstrom or Durzi makes it in the NHL in some capacity. Of course, Bjornfot is the center piece of the trade for the Kings.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I would rather lose Lizotte than Wagner. I like Lizotte a lot, and he’s a heart and soul guy, but I think his skillset is the most easily replaceable.

Reactions: lumbergh and Token

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I would rather lose Lizotte than Wagner. I like Lizotte a lot, and he’s a heart and soul guy, but I think his skillset is the most easily replaceable.
The Kings don't have to protect Lizotte he'll just be finishing his second pro season and will be exempt

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
The Kings don't have to protect Lizotte he'll just be finishing his second pro season and will be exempt

Lizotte is not expansion draft exempt and meets the requirement if he plays 5 games next season.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Lizotte is not expansion draft exempt and meets the requirement if he plays 5 games next season.
Kilowatt,don't know where you got your info but from where I sit a player has to play 3 years of pro to have to be able to protect otherwise he's exempt...like to hear(see) your source...

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Kilowatt,don't know where you got your info but from where I sit a player has to play 3 years of pro to have to be able to protect otherwise he's exempt...like to hear(see) your source...

Per Lisa Dillman, CapFriendly, and others.

Blake Lizotte - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

2019-20 was the second year of his ELC. Because he signed at 21 and played one game in 2018-19, it burned a year off his contract.

Reactions: Token

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Per Lisa Dillman, CapFriendly, and others.

Blake Lizotte - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

2019-20 was the second year of his ELC. Because he signed at 21 and played one game in 2018-19, it burned a year off his contract.
Kilowatt,I remember Lizotte playing that 1 game. However when it comes to draft eligibility he doesn't count a year accrued(not sure if that is the right language)? When I brought up the same point about Maxime Comtois of the hated Smucks I was told a player has to play 11 games for a year to be counted. I remember something like that being said one time so I'm just passing it on to you. And yes you are right he did burn that year off unless someone can can chime in and refute that I agree with that

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I liked the Muzzin trade, but have to admit now I just hope one of Grundstrom or Durzi makes it in the NHL in some capacity. Of course, Bjornfot is the center piece of the trade for the Kings.
Like to see all make it to the NHL with the Kings and be contributors especially "Bigfot"! Want to see Grundstrom get a shot at RWing his natural position and Durzi after some time in Ontario(2) more years to challenge for a spot at RD!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
2 things:

Kempe as a 4th liner? Kempe should play 1st LWing or 2nd line Centre on this edition of the Kings! He has that much talent that's why the Kings play him on the PP because the guy's got skill and needs other skilled(Elite) players to play with

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
A Grabner type...you are kidding right...Wags won't score 20 goals in a season ever...he's a 4th line speedster who draws penalties

Eh, while I echo your sentiment that I think being just like Grabner may be a stretch, I don't know if I would wager that he'd never be a 20 goal scorer ever... He did score 12 goals in 62 games as a rookie. He clearly has the tools to be able to do something like that if put in the position and who knows, maybe he will get that chance with the Kings or even another NHL team. He has a lot of similarities to Grabner and he himself had a harrowing start to his career before breaking out with the Islanders. All I am saying is never say never...

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Goalies all over the league are curled up in a ball crying in fear , knowing that three times a game they will see a speeding ginger on a breakaway that will shoot the puck right in to the logo crest on their jersey

#GingerPower!

LMFAO

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Eh, while I echo your sentiment that I think being just like Grabner may be a stretch, I don't know if I would wager that he'd never be a 20 goal scorer ever... He did score 12 goals in 62 games as a rookie. He clearly has the tools to be able to do something like that if put in the position and who knows, maybe he will get that chance with the Kings or even another NHL team. He has a lot of similarities to Grabner and he himself had a harrowing start to his career before breaking out with the Islanders. All I am saying is never say never...
Hey don't get me wrong I like the guy and the 12 goals was surprising and promising but last year he couldn't put the puck in the Pacific...Hoping he's the first year guy but reality tells me he's probably the later and that's OK,his speed makes defenses play honest even if he puts the puck into the netting...at least he draws penalties...Wags is the kind of player I wished the Kings had left in Ontario to play a tonne(Reg,PP,PK) and score 30-40 goals then made the jump to the Kings but we were getting older and slower and the team...well...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
good contracts. cheap, reliable players that will keep things moving for a while

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad