Kings Article: Austin Wagner Is Showing More Than Elite Speed in LA Kings Training Camp

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by FrozenRoyalty, Sep 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. FrozenRoyalty

FrozenRoyalty Registered User

Home Page:
    Last time Frozen Royalty checked in with Los Angeles Kings left wing prospect Austin Wagner, he was toiling away down on the farm with the Ontario Reign in his first season in the pros.
    Last season, Wagner was hampered by his recovery from a shoulder injury and subsequent off-season surgery. The shoulder was repaired, but he was unable to workout much over the summer. As a result, he lacked strength in the shoulder, which was a setback for his development.
    This season, Wagner returns at full and improved strength and after having put in a lot of skills work over the summer.
    Read all about it, including exclusive comments from Wagner, along with comments from Kings head coach John Stevens in...

Austin Wagner Is Showing More Than Elite Speed in LA Kings Training Camp

2. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

I have high hopes for him. One of the most dangerous north-south players the Kings have had in a long time

Raccoon Jesus likes this.
  3. Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus #CONFUSE4HUGHES

Thing I really liked as well is I didn't realize how big he was vs. that speed and how pissy he would be at this level. He was always a little bit spicy, but watching him just go after dudes for making plays he didn't like was refreshing. Like Iafallo with size and anger when it comes to the forecheck. I think that alone will make him a player, any further puck skills he develops will be a bonus though.

resurrected likes this.
  4. regulate

regulate Registered User

3rd or 4th line upside at best, but could be very effective in that role in the NHL. Maybe he fights for Clifford's spot next season. A 4th line of Wagner-JAD-Lewis as an energy line next season could be interesting. Needs to settle down taking stupid penalties this year (he a professional boarder) and be more effective offensively when not on a breakaway (which is a majority of his goals). Better defensive positioning on his reads is also a work in progress. Hope he gets top six minutes with the Reign this year to improve his production.

5. LT Dan

LT Dan Registered User

He was faster than my average sexual experience last night

lumbergh likes this.
  6. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Master Debater

I hope Gann votes for Wagner 1st place in his Calder Trophy voting, ahead of Elias Pettersson.

7. kilowatt

kilowatt Registered User

wagner save us please