Aussie Fan of the NY Rangers

aushockey90

Oct 17, 2014
Hi guys,

I am a massive NY Rangers fan living out here in Australia. I will be going over to the US towards the end of the year and was wondering the best ways to get tickets to the games?

Should i purchase here off the forums, or i've heard of a thing called StubHub also?

Any advice would be appreciated, really looking forward to watching an NHL game live in person, i've been to an exhibition game here in Australia where they had players from the NHL come over, but i imagine the experience of watching an NHL game at MSG would be amazing.

Thanks guys.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
1275267.1.high.jpg

I think the New York Rangers ticket exchange via ticket master is your best bet. I know there are other private options, but since this will be for the experience, I think it's better to be safe than sorry and pay a little more.

If you go to MSG, try to pick a main rivalry night because the Garden will be livelier.

Enjoy the states!

aushockey90

Oct 17, 2014
Thanks mate, sounds good will look into it.

And yep would love to go watch a devils-rangers game.

aushockey90

Oct 17, 2014
Stubhub, ticketmaster and Broadwaykings are the three I would use.

Thanks mate. Was also reading about places to go pre game and after the game in the other thread. Just a simple Beer and Wings, or Beer and Pizza.

Here in OZ for rugby games i tend to go for a beer and pizza before the game with other fans of the team. I imagine the same thing would be around the MSG.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Buying tickets off here or off of stubhub are your safest bets.

If you're coming at the end of December, definitely try to go to the Devils-Rangers game. Atmosphere will be great. Tickets will be pretty expensive though.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Thanks mate. Was also reading about places to go pre game and after the game in the other thread. Just a simple Beer and Wings, or Beer and Pizza.

Here in OZ for rugby games i tend to go for a beer and pizza before the game with other fans of the team. I imagine the same thing would be around the MSG.

I hope you enjoy your stay in the states! As I was reading your post I couldn't help but read it with an Australian accent :laugh:

For the tickets I think your best bet would be to go with the Ticket exchange or Stub Hub. As another poster said, you may pay a bit more but you don't have to worry about your tickets being fake.

aushockey90

Oct 17, 2014
Thanks guys, don't mind paying a little more as its all about the experience.

And yep will be using StubHub or Ticketmaster. Looking forward to my time over in the States, will be arriving in Early december.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
for season ticket holders selling their seats, NHL gives them accounts with TicketsNow, a TicketMaster division.
Their site (like others) lets you sort by section map, row and price.

Unless its a major rivalry game, you can find seats day of game, or in advance, for very reasonable money.

Last night's game, because team was playing poorly, and opponent was mediocre, had many bargains.
My second seat, on the center red line and just a few rows up in 2d deck, didn't even sell for the minimum allowed to ask.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

As someone else mentioned in the other thread, Stout is definitely your best bet for the gameday experience. I would recommend getting there atleast 2 hours before. It gets crowded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad