Aulie just TKO'd the pest Hartnell

OrangePeel

Jun 15, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Change the name thread title, 55/45 at best hahaha.

HomerSimpson48.gif

KilPhessel

Mar 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
6'5"
217 pounds
age 21
217 pounds at 6'5" is more lanky than built. He's young.

Scouts say he is a not a physical defenceman but can protect the puck. Still learning to use his size. Has fought quite a few times while he was playing with the Marlies. Good balance, height and reach to be a decent fighter. Not a heavyweight like Laroque or Boogaard.

I would say he is a fairly physical defenseman.. He doesnt go for the big hits but if a hit is there hes gonna ram you to the boards..

KilPhessel

Mar 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
6'5"
217 pounds
age 21

Scouts say he is a not a physical defenceman but can protect the puck. Still learning to use his size. Has fought quite a few times while he was playing with the Marlies. Good balance, height and reach to be a decent fighter. Not a heavyweight like Laroque or Boogaard.

I would say he is a fairly physical defenseman.. He doesnt go for the big hits but if a hit is there hes gonna ram you to the boards..

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
6'5"
217 pounds
age 21

Well, even though he hasn't played a ton of games at the NHL level I think it's safe to say that he's pretty physical. He's also still a kid so still learning to use his size I guess is a fair assessment. For a guy his age still growing into his body he looks very calm and collected. There is some hockey IQ there.
Keith Aulie was is and will forever will be the best player in the Phaneuf trade.

Well, Phaneuf is starting to look like the Phaneuf of old, the good Dion and he's not making bad plays in his own zone. Since the all-star break he's looking like a 50 point d-man and the stats back it up. He's still pretty young himself and can certainly redeem himself for his poor play the past few years. He's starting to lead this team. Making him captain was still a strange move and was seen as a risk especially now that it appears that Schenn may actually have been the better choice.

TheBigE

Apr 2, 2009
TKO is a definite exaggeration. Fight was pretty even. Aulie got the knockdown, but then, pretty much every time Hartnell fights it ends when he falls down. Dude's balance is awful.

Yeah it was pretty even until Aulie ran his fist through Hartnell's face so hard that his body colapsed on the ice.:laugh:

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
You gotta love how Briere went in for a cheap shot and got the hell out pronto!

This guy is the biggest assclown in the NHL.

As for Hartnell getting his ass handed to him, he deserved it. That guy deserves a
beating every day of his life.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Keith Aulie was is and will forever will be the best player in the Phaneuf trade.

You say this like its not already known?

It took most sensible Leaf fans a matter of games before they realized Phaneuf wasn't the highlight reel he had shown in Calgary. Sutters drafted him in Red Deer and then again into the NHL.......Although Sutters credibility may be largely in question....I think the fact that he traded a player like this that he knew so well, tells someone all they need to know. If Dion was that great, Calgary never traded him.

To the ppl who say Aulie did anything wrong - :laugh:.

Clearly you have no first hand experience but at that range, gloves come off and its go time....both players had visors so it wasn't an issue....if one stepped back and removed it then I can see the argument.

Heat of the battle, Briere ran away like a b**** ......to bad for Hartnell he didn't do the same...

mytor4*

Are you kidding me? Your boy keeps his visor on, takes three to the head and knocks Hartnell down with two to his (un-visored) head. Hartnell went off to fix something and was fine.

What a joke, celebrating fighting with a mask on. Is this f**king fencing?

LOL Stop your whining. I just seen your so call captain Richards get into a scrap with his visor on and when it finally came off whats he do? Turtle.
I guess it's ok if your Treat Me With Respect captain fights with his visor on but it's wrong for anyone else to do it.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
You say this like its not already known?

It took most sensible Leaf fans a matter of games before they realized Phaneuf wasn't the highlight reel he had shown in Calgary. Sutters drafted him in Red Deer and then again into the NHL.......Although Sutters credibility may be largely in question....I think the fact that he traded a player like this that he knew so well, tells someone all they need to know. If Dion was that great, Calgary never traded him.

To the ppl who say Aulie did anything wrong - :laugh:.

Clearly you have no first hand experience but at that range, gloves come off and its go time....both players had visors so it wasn't an issue....if one stepped back and removed it then I can see the argument.

Heat of the battle, Briere ran away like a b**** ......to bad for Hartnell he didn't do the same...

I've got no problem with any of this, except for the Briere jab. What the heck is he supposed to do, fight Aulie?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I've got no problem with any of this, except for the Briere jab. What the heck is he supposed to do, fight Aulie?

No, but don't cross check him. If you can't fight, don't start one.

A month ago, Kulemin did the same thing with Tim Gleason....the only difference is, nobody jumped in. Gleason one punched him but at least he didn't run away, damn I woulda loved to see someone knock Briere out. Kessel could probably do it.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->