Auld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Why is he he so hyper I don't see anything special in him all I see is a career ECHL starter goaltender he has never made a big save , always giving up 2 or 3 goals in a game , he stinks . Why is he so hyped .

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
Why is he he so hyper I don't see anything special in him all I see is a career ECHL starter goaltender he has never made a big save , always giving up 2 or 3 goals in a game , he stinks . Why is he so hyped .

Well obviously you know nothing about hockey as he is already a Starter in the AHL and has posted some very respectable numbers. Secondly he is not hyped at all this might be the first post i have ever seen about him on the boards. and i am pretty sure that most teams would take a goalie that only gives up 2 goals a game.

When you learn your hockey facts and are not a troll then please post something worthwhile.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
xtra said:
Well obviously you know nothing about hockey as he is already a Starter in the AHL and has posted some very respectable numbers. Secondly he is not hyped at all this might be the first post i have ever seen about him on the boards. and i am pretty sure that most teams would take a goalie that only gives up 2 goals a game.

When you learn your hockey facts and are not a troll then please post something worthwhile.

When has he ever come up big for his team tell me that ? Huh he sucks no offence to the Canucks fans , he just doesn't get my attention IMO Tellqvist in 1000X the goalie he is .

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
When has he ever come up big for his team tell me that ? Huh he sucks no offence to the Canucks fans , he just doesn't get my attention IMO Tellqvist in 1000X the goalie he is .

What probably the other poster wanted to say is post some analysis behind your thought because is it necessary to start a thread with ''Auld is an ECHL starter because he sucks'' ?

Your entitle to your opinion, that's for sure but you starting post sound more like a troll without judgement than a good debate on why Auld is hype or not.

Russian Fan

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Because there are loads of Nucks fans on here? ;)

Just kidding. I agree Auld doesnt get a lot of press like a lot of promising young goalies.. there are just too many of them I guess.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:

Frankly your opinion has no merit, he doesn't suck, your knowledge of hockey sucks! :banana:

Sticky*

i agree. Auld is a very good goalie, and he receives absolutely no hype. So I cam eto the conclusion that you are one of those idiots who knows nothing about hockey and is a leafs homer (probably). And like earlier mentioned, if a goalie gives up 2 goals every game, good luck finding a team taht won't want him.

And he just won a triple overtime playoff game with his team on the brink of elimination. Id say thats a big win.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Sticky said:
i agree. Auld is a very good goalie, and he receives absolutely no hype. So I cam eto the conclusion that you are one of those idiots who knows nothing about hockey and is a leafs homer (probably). And like earlier mentioned, if a goalie gives up 2 goals every game, good luck finding a team taht won't want him.

And he just won a triple overtime playoff game with his team on the brink of elimination. Id say thats a big win.

How many goals allowed ?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Kiprusoff allowed 5. Is he worse?

3 of the 4 goals Auld let in were tipins from 5 - 10 feet out. Those are things the defensemen should have, but didn't seem to do well at all.

Auld most definetly has NHL starting potential. He'll likely be the Canucks backup next year, in fact.

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mizral said:
Kiprusoff allowed 5. Is he worse?

3 of the 4 goals Auld let in were tipins from 5 - 10 feet out. Those are things the defensemen should have, but didn't seem to do well at all.

Auld most definetly has NHL starting potential. He'll likely be the Canucks backup next year, in fact.

I'd agree.

Auld has looked solid in the few games I have seen him play and I definetly do not see the canucks resigning the moose.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
roast said:
I'd agree.

Auld has looked solid in the few games I have seen him play and I definetly do not see the canucks resigning the moose.

No one has yet to prove me wrong :) :eek: Give me a big save that Auld made to keep his team in it !

McMatty

Nov 9, 2002
North Bay ON
Russian_fanatic said:
No one has yet to prove me wrong :) :eek: Give me a big save that Auld made to keep his team in it !
Was that breakaway he stopped last night in double or triple overtime? Someone remind me.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Russian_fanatic said:

Ummm how about the pokecheck on Gelinas in OT last night? Auld is a steady, solid goaltender with the exception of one game this year against Edmonton.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
Russian_fanatic said:

No one needs to prove you wrong. You were wrong the second you opened your mouth so you did a fine job of it already.

I see no reason to even begin a debate over such a ridiculous statement, anyone who watched the game last night knows that all three overtime periods had furious end to end action, with scoring chances galore (for both teams). Auld obviously did enough in those periods to keep his team in position for the win. How bout the poke check on Gelinas' breakaway? Forget about that one?

I think you should change your name to hegbergsidioticbrother before you post again.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
H-Bear said:
Was that breakaway he stopped last night in double or triple overtime? Someone remind me.

I'm thinking 2nd OT, but not sure

McMatty

Nov 9, 2002
North Bay ON
thecooker said:
I'm thinking 2nd OT, but not sure
Indeed 2OT.

http://www.tsn.ca/audio_video/player/rightside.asp?reel=19011

Watch the highlights Russian_fanatic. I wouldn't hold Auld responsible for a single goal; maybe the 4th one, but even then, it was another tip.

He's young, he's not going to be perfect. He'll learn and probably turn out to be quite a fine NHL goalie. He's not the second coming of Brodeur, but certainly has the tools and promise to be a very fine NHL starter.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
H-Bear said:
Indeed 2OT.

http://www.tsn.ca/audio_video/player/rightside.asp?reel=19011

Watch the highlights Russian_fanatic. I wouldn't hold Auld responsible for a single goal; maybe the 4th one, but even then, it was another tip.

He's young, he's not going to be perfect. He'll learn and probably turn out to be quite a fine NHL goalie. He's not the second coming of Brodeur, but certainly has the tools and promise to be a very fine NHL starter.

Just because a puck is tipped it doesn't mean you can absolve the goalie, especially when most of the pucks came at him at a pedestrian pace. If you ask me he was leaking through the five hole all game long.

I think Canucksfans should worry quite a bit about starting him in game 7.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
pierrehedinrocks said:
i think hes good but not as good as tellqvist

Well looking at the numbers I would take Auld, and given the fact Auld has some playoff experience now and has kept his composure through it all.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
First of all, its absolutely ludicrous to say Auld is a career ECHL player when he started in the AHL this year.

I agree that Tellqvist is a better goaltending prospect, but I don't recall anyone claiming otherwise before your post.

To Freudian: There are not many goaltenders that would have stopped those tips I don't think. Auld didn't play amazing, but I don't think he can be faulted on those goals. He served his role yesterday, and did make a big save on the breakaway, though he did get beat on VIlle's slapper.

easton122

May 14, 2003
USA
Visit site
From what i've seen Auld is better than Tellqvist plus he is bigger and will have a career similar to Sean Burke and will probably be better but this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->