Votes: 13 24.1%
  • G - Jan Bednar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Very surprisingly Brady Cleveland wins the round #19 and Red Savage is close second as #20.

So we jump straight to #21.

Current Top20:

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 86.8% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 80% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 C - Nate Danielson 68.0% (9th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 35.7% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RD - Axel Sandin Pellikka 43.9% (17th overall, 1st round, 2023 draft)
#6 G - Sebastian Cossa 56,9% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#7 RW - Carter Mazur 72.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
#8 LW - Elmer Söderblom 51.7% (159th overall, 6th round 2019 draft)
#9 C - Amadeus Lombardi 46.5% (113th overall, 4th round 2022 draft)
#10 LD - Albert Johansson 61.3% (60th overall, 2nd round 2019 draft)
#11 W - Dmitri Buchelnikov 62.9% (52nd overall, 2nd round 2022 draft)
#12 G - Trey Augustine 43.4.9% (42nd overall, 2nd round 2023 draft)
#13 W - Cross Hanas 45.7% (55th overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#14 LD - Shai Buium 36.8% (36th overall, 2nd round 2021 draft)
#15 RD - Andrew Gibson 26.3% (42nd overall, 2nd round 2023 draft
#16 W - Dylan James 43.9% (40th overall, 2nd round 2022 draft)
#17 RD - Anton Johansson 25.6% (105th overall, 4th round 2022 draft)
#18 F - Noah Dower-Nilsson 20.7% (73rd overall, 3rd round 2023 draft)
#19 LD - Brady Cleveland 37.2% (47th overall, 2nd round 2023 draft)
#20 C - Red Savage 34.6% (114th overall, 4th round 2021 draft)

You can give 2 votes on this round.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Current "roster" of prospects:

Söderblom - Kasper - Mazur
Hanas - Danielson - Buchelnikov
James - Lombardi - N.Dower-Nilsson
X - Savage - X

Edvinsson - Sandin Pellikka
Wallinder - Albert Johansson
Buium - Gibson
Cleveland - Anton Johansson

Cossa
Augustine

Reactions: RRhoads

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Tuomisto at this point until he shows me he is worse than McIssac in the pro game. Gylander also got some consideration. I can see a case for Bicker and Keenan based on skating. Viro isn't very projectible as an NHLer, LBN really hasn't done anything post draft. I want to see Ali in the college game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think McIsaac is more likely to play NHL games than anyone else listed, so I voted him.

Reactions: archimet

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'll take the mystery box that is Doucet at this point

those things usually have shitty prizes but I don't really see any of these other guys amounting to anything

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
niederbach can't get no respect. i get why he's dropped in our rankings year-over-year, but these are all long-shots at this point in the rankings, and niederbach has more upside than anyone else on the board. he really pulled it together by the end of the season, and he's still pretty young.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
niederbach can't get no respect. i get why he's dropped in our rankings year-over-year, but these are all long-shots at this point in the rankings, and niederbach has more upside than anyone else on the board. he really pulled it together by the end of the season, and he's still pretty young.
If you aren’t a SHL regular by your +2 or +3 season, why am I expecting anything?

Couldn’t tell you why LDN is leading in votes other than posters on this board think having a Swedish name makes you 3x better of a player than you are.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
If you aren’t a SHL regular by your +2 or +3 season, why am I expecting anything?
i'm not saying he's anything more than a longshot - only that he's the longshot with the biggest bang on the board. he helped modo crawl out of the allsvenskan, putting up 12 points in 17 qualification matches (good for sixth on the team). that's got to be worth something. he's really smart with the puck, and he's got some of that creativity that we never have enough of. granted, he's looked like a completely different player in the shl than he's been everywhere else, so there are plenty of hurdles left to jump, but i'd take him over dower nilsson any old day of the week.

Reactions: Realgud

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i'm not saying he's anything more than a longshot - only that he's the longshot with the biggest bang on the board. he helped modo crawl out of the allsvenskan, putting up 12 points in 17 qualification matches (good for sixth on the team). that's got to be worth something. he's really smart with the puck, and he's got some of that creativity that we never have enough of. granted, he's looked like a completely different player in the shl than he's been everywhere else, so there are plenty of hurdles left to jump, but i'd take him over dower nilsson any old day of the week.
I liked Niederbach quite a bit back in his draft year.

But if you are barely putting up .5 ppg in the Allsvenskan in your +2 or +3 season and aren’t playing a majority of your games in the SHL. I just think we are talking about extremely low odds of you playing NHL games at that point.

LDN or Niederbach would need to take a huge step forward next season for me to view them as NHL prospects. And even if they somehow did, I struggle to see where they would fit in with what else we have. I know you could say that for most others we are talking about at this point in these polls, just saying.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
If Niederbach was going to make the skating gains he needed to make to become a good NHL prospect, I think we would have seen them already. I think he has some above average skill but not enough to compensate for the size/skating conundrum.

Appreciate that this is the profile the public scouts love: small, below average skater but above average puck skills.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings born in the 2000s.

Berggren - Kasper - Raymond
Söderblom - Danielson - Mazur
Hanas - Lombardi - Buchelnikov
James - Savage - N.Dower-Nilsson

Edvinsson - Seider
Wallinder - Sandin Pellikka
Albert Johansson - Gibson
Buium - Anton Johansson
Cleveland

Cossa
Augustine

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I liked Niederbach quite a bit back in his draft year.

But if you are barely putting up .5 ppg in the Allsvenskan in your +2 or +3 season and aren’t playing a majority of your games in the SHL. I just think we are talking about extremely low odds of you playing NHL games at that point.

LDN or Niederbach would need to take a huge step forward next season for me to view them as NHL prospects. And even if they somehow did, I struggle to see where they would fit in with what else we have. I know you could say that for most others we are talking about at this point in these polls, just saying.
Allsvenskan is a bit underrated. LDN was and still is a longshot but I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more prospects take the Allsvenskan path. A guy like Willander is choosing college hockey instead of fighting for minutes in SHL. I don't see how a guy playing college hockey in d+2 or d+3 is fine, but playing in Allsvenskan is not.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Swedish Top league is very hard for young propect currently to succeed. They have more money in use vs. Seasons before 2021-22 and much of talented KHL refugees raising the overall level. League level is insane high, imo, biggest factor why Kasper production went down on 2nd season. Don't think Kasper as an indivudual went down, that was SHL level which went up and Rögle still trusted him, even when he clearly struggled.

This top Swedish league level will now also slide better players to Allsvenskan, and it's probably better competitibe league currently it has ever been. Definitely not a humor level level league, worse than Finland top level, which will slot between these Swedish leagues. Pro league where a kid can learn a lot when playing against men and growing with experienced vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad