Management AUDIO: Cam Neely interview on WBZ-FM 98.5 - March 3, 2016

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Watched it on the simulcast this afternoon. I didn't believe it at first either until I saw Neely's face when he basically implied they definitely would have moved Loui if someone had come along with 1st+prospect. He looked lost as to why they couldn't get that value for him.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I do. We cancel each other out

2-1 now. I'm with you.

He didn't hedge and gave a lot of information. If someone says they don't believe him then they are calling him a liar. It's not like he was insinuating anything -- pretty much answered every question with a definitive yes or no.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Watched it on the simulcast this afternoon. I didn't believe it at first either until I saw Neely's face when he basically implied they definitely would have moved Loui if someone had come along with 1st+prospect. He looked lost as to why they couldn't get that value for him.

What was it Chiarelli said (paraphrased): It's hard to make a deal! He was mocked relentlessly here for saying that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you look at how everything played out, it's believable they didn't get offered a first.

Considering they were in a playoff position, doubtful they had any interest in dealing him in conference unless they were blown away.

Next cross of the teams that made other moves and had other options as the day played out. Chicago, Anaheim, LA, Colorado.

Then subtract the teams like St. Louis who really didn't have the cap space without doing something else or sending money back like Shattenkirk.

Then subtract the teams that weren't on his list and he wasn't going to waive to. Bye bye Dallas.

So who was left? Minnesota, Nashville, and maybe Vancouver. With a demand this small, I'd say best they got offered was a 2nd and a prospect they weren't really keen on. Other GMs knew once their counterparts made moves they were out, and what teams were up against the cap.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Suck it Felger :laugh:

Oddly enough I actually believe Cam, specially how the trade deadline played out league wide. I'm really curious what these guys do in the offseason now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad