TSN: AUDIO: Bob McKenzie and Pierre McGuire on Bruins moves

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Try listening to sports radio here in Boston and get back to me :biglaugh:

But I was serious about how Bruins TV into Montreal 40 years ago created a lot of fans there.

CIt3ODeWoAAsqPM.png:large

CIt61XbWEAASuMN.png:large

I have and I know what you mean. I personally can't do it.

I'm not arguing with you about there being Bruins fans in Montreal, there are plenty. I'm one and know several, though the numbers have been going down, they're harder to find than they used to be. Hell we even had a parade when the Bruins won the Cup. Melnick likes to say **** just to get under Bruins fans skin then he'll say he likes the way the Bruins play to atone for it . He runs a good show , but he as dopey as next guy with his opinions.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Pierre is a ****** buffoon. :laugh:

Quite honestly the media and fans alike have gone from panic/over reaction to outright delusions. This is hilarious. Everyone wants to get their shot in on the Bruins. Telling Habs fans no less what they want to hear. What a shocker. Pierre and the rest of the "experts" are just piggy backing off the collective meltdown.
what are you talking about? they are speaking the truth. sweeney got a **** return for hamilton, fact. he got a decent return for lucic, until he retained a bunch of salary. fact. he drafted guys he could have got in the 2nd round, i dont buy that senchysn would have been gone in the 1st, nor debrusk for that matter. he **** the bed in the draft. time will tell that that too is a fact. he gave up a 3rd for a role player he could have had for free come free agency. fact. the guy is a clown, clear as day, whether you are a habs fan, bruins fan, reporter....hell you could be a casual hockey fan and know that. worst week in the history of the bruins as far as moves go.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The last time I was this baffled and angry at an offseason was the summer before we got the Joe Thornton pick. The Panthers had just made it to the finals on Vanbiezbrouck's back and Sinden tried to 'emulate' their success by basing the offseason on signing Sheldon Kennedy and Rob DiMaio.

Idk, maybe there is some sense to this theory.

If that's what happened then, and this is what's happening now, then they must be learning quickly that its a different era. There is too much information available to the average fans and opinion makers now for that to be a viable route. You can manipulate fans but you can't pull wool over their eyes. The discussion isn't exclusively generated from the Globe and Herald anymore.

But that seems like an over complicated analysis to me.

I just think there is an organizational philosophy to reward for past accomplishments while the rest of the league is anticipating future accomplishments and so the Bruins are operating in a different reality. Which they also did in the Allison era which kept them mired in mediocrity.

Man that summer was brutal, as bad as this one has been at least so far, I can't imagine it being as bad as the summer/fall of 96

Trades

Iafrate for Jeff Odgers
McEachern for Trent McCleary

a 5th rounder for Rob Dimaio

a 1996 1st rounder(ended up being Robyn Regehr) to the Avalanche for Landon Wilson and Anders Myrvold

Key FA signings:

Sheldon Kennedy
Troy Mallette
Barry Richter

This summer is off too a eerily similar feel. Cam and Donny were still around then, although Cam had played his final game.

All they need now is a few more el-cheapo FA signings, bring back the Poo Bear uniforms, and the circle is complete.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have and I know what you mean. I personally can't do it.

I'm not arguing with you about there being Bruins fans in Montreal, there are plenty. I'm one and know several, though the numbers have been going down, they're harder to find than they used to be. Hell we even had a parade when the Bruins won the Cup. Melnick likes to say **** just to get under Bruins fans skin then he'll say he likes the way the Bruins play to atone for it . He runs a good show , but he as dopey as next guy with his opinions.

I believe the parade was around Orange Julep :)

That said I find Canadian sports radio is a better barometer of what is going on in hockey.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
what are you talking about? they are speaking the truth. sweeney got a **** return for hamilton, fact. he got a decent return for lucic, until he retained a bunch of salary. fact. he drafted guys he could have got in the 2nd round, i dont buy that senchysn would have been gone in the 1st, nor debrusk for that matter. he **** the bed in the draft. time will tell that that too is a fact. he gave up a 3rd for a role player he could have had for free come free agency. fact. the guy is a clown, clear as day, whether you are a habs fan, bruins fan, reporter....hell you could be a casual hockey fan and know that. worst week in the history of the bruins as far as moves go.

Of course you do, you always know better than anyone else. Problem is, Montreal said they wanted him at 24....then traded back to when they couldn't get him. Sheesh, was it a reach? Yes, no one is saying it wasn't. Did they reach for a reason? Clearly they did. If he turns out a great pick everyone will be praising the 'reach' if not then everyone will **** on it anyway.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I believe the parade was around Orange Julep :)

That said I find Canadian sports radio is a better barometer of what is going on in hockey.

Right on both accounts. Not to brag because we suck at covering every other sport but hockey is king in this country nothing else even comes close.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Of course you do, you always know better than anyone else. Problem is, Montreal said they wanted him at 24....then traded back to when they couldn't get him. Sheesh, was it a reach? Yes, no one is saying it wasn't. Did they reach for a reason? Clearly they did. If he turns out a great pick everyone will be praising the 'reach' if not then everyone will **** on it anyway.
Where is the quote from bergevin saying they wanted him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->