TSN: AUDIO: Bob McKenzie and Pierre McGuire on Bruins moves

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I fully agree with you. Rask, sucked badly down the stretch in the big games. Letting in softies ,over and over again. I was so hoping they were going to trade him. He wasn't the only problem with this team, but he was a problem. It's going to be an interesting season coming up.

Of course you come out of the shadows to comment on how rask sucked last season, and just that alone. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Of course you come out of the shadows to comment on how rask sucked last season, and just that alone. Why?

They're the people who blamed Rask when we lost 1-0 or 2-1.

He can't make that big save! The other 55 were gimmies.

Last edited by a moderator:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Rask also had one of the best shootout SV%, yet somehow Bruins managed to lose most of them... Couple more shootout wins and they would have been in the playoffs.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not to be derailed by some Rask haters, McKenzie truly is a brilliant hockey mind.

Hearing him laugh at our GM essentially is very telling of our predicament.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He did not suck last year. This is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

The team in front of him sucked. What Rask didn't do well was steal games, but our defense was a pile of steaming poo and the forward's couldn't score. Rask was left out to dry time after time after time.

One can argue that it isn't wise to have that much cap tied up in a goalie but the sucking that was last season was not a problem at goaltender.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lol Pierre thinks were tanking for Matthews

That would be the quickest way to turn this boat but with rask+bergeron it's never going to happen so we'll probably end up in the 8-12 range and then trade Rask because he asks for it and we end up being a lot lot worse.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The Bruins will keep Rask, obviously, and make the playoffs. They still have many highly talented prideful vets. The goal has changed from winning the Stanley Cup to making the playoffs...they will claw their way to that goal.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If you get the TSN GO app you get all the TSN talk radio stations. I have heard both of these guys say opposite things of what they said earlier in the day on different stations. These guy know the Montreal audience wants to hear that the Bruins are making mistakes so that's what they say. I listen for the entertainment value but McKenzie shares his opinions which rarely workout and Pierre just wants to show how knowledgeable he is about every hockey player that ever lived.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If you get the TSN GO app you get all the TSN talk radio stations. I have heard both of these guys say opposite things of what they said earlier in the day on different stations. These guy know the Montreal audience wants to hear that the Bruins are making mistakes so that's what they say. I listen for the entertainment value but McKenzie shares his opinions which rarely workout and Pierre just wants to show how knowledgeable he is about every hockey player that ever lived.

You might be right - Pierre had a different take on WEEI BUT that was before the move this afternoon

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/b...ire-on-mfb-i-do-think-the-bruins-have-a-plan/

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I haven't considered either of those guys reliable on any of their "insider" talk for years. They stick their noses up in the air, hoping to catch the waft of BS, and then pick up some mud and say, "Look what I found! An insider told me it's a cow patty!"

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You might be right - Pierre had a different take on WEEI BUT that was before the move this afternoon

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/b...ire-on-mfb-i-do-think-the-bruins-have-a-plan/

Oh there is no might, I listen to TSN all day at work. I'm a hockey guy, couldn't care less about soccer. Basketball,Football and Baseball interest me more but not more than hockey. If the topic on one station bores me I switch to the next, I can assure you they sing to choir. Depending on the fan base listening, stories and opinions tend to change.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Great listens. Harsh words from McKenzie, and Pierre thinks we're tanking. haha.

What do you expect really, Mackenzie hates the Bruins always has, I have listened to him for a long time, and Pierre is a Habs fan, given that, what do you expect them to say?... just ignore .....

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I haven't considered either of those guys reliable on any of their "insider" talk for years. They stick their noses up in the air, hoping to catch the waft of BS, and then pick up some mud and say, "Look what I found! An insider told me it's a cow patty!"

McKenzie? He is one of the only reliable 'insiders' out there. I like him.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Oh there is no might, I listen to TSN all day at work. I'm a hockey guy, couldn't care less about soccer. Basketball,Football and Baseball interest me more but not more than hockey. If the topic on one station bores me I switch to the next, I can assure you they sing to choir. Depending on the fan base listening, stories and opinions tend to change.

Mitch Melnick at CKGM has one of the better shows. He doesn't take calls from listeners, is a good interviewer and has good guests.

Melnick is pretty fair concerning Boston as he know the Bruins have many fans on the island going back to the days when the Bruins were on TV more often in Montreal than the Habs were because Channel 22 in Vermont used to relay all the TV38 games. Sam Pollock wanted Clarence Campbell to declare Burlington, VT Habs territory and he said no.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Mitch Melnick at CKGM has one of the better shows. He doesn't take calls from listeners, is a good interviewer and has good guests.

Melnick is pretty fair concerning Boston as he know the Bruins have many fans on the island going back to the days when the Bruins were on TV more often in Montreal than the Habs were because Channel 22 in Vermont used to relay all the TV38 games. Sam Pollock wanted Clarence Campbell to declare Burlington, VT Habs territory and he said no.

Sorry we have a different take on Mitch Melnick . The one thing we agree on is he is a good interviewer but he doesn't take calls so he can say dumb **** and can't be challenged on it. He says plenty of dumb **** about the Bruins, they all do.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not to be derailed by some Rask haters, McKenzie truly is a brilliant hockey mind.

Hearing him laugh at our GM essentially is very telling of our predicament.

As far as Insiders/Hockey Scribes go, McKenzie is one of the smartest and most respected in the business.

When even he is having a chuckle at what the Bruins are doing (and I think his TSN radio interview was before the Rinaldo swap) you know something is very wrong in Beantown.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sorry we have a different take on Mitch Melnick . The one thing we agree on is he is a good interviewer but he doesn't take calls so he can say dumb **** and can't be challenged on it. He says plenty of dumb **** about the Bruins, they all do.

Try listening to sports radio here in Boston and get back to me :biglaugh:

But I was serious about how Bruins TV into Montreal 40 years ago created a lot of fans there.

CIt3ODeWoAAsqPM.png:large

CIt61XbWEAASuMN.png:large

Last edited:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
wow you are so wrong. bob mckenzie is the most reliable guy out there in terms of reporters/insiders. he knows his stuff better than any of us that is for sure. so when he is laughing at us, it is clear everyone is...and how cant they be laughing at us? sweeney is a clown.

fake british accent

Aug 11, 2006
www.exceptionalautobody.com
The last time I was this baffled and angry at an offseason was the summer before we got the Joe Thornton pick. The Panthers had just made it to the finals on Vanbiezbrouck's back and Sinden tried to 'emulate' their success by basing the offseason on signing Sheldon Kennedy and Rob DiMaio.

Idk, maybe there is some sense to this theory.

If that's what happened then, and this is what's happening now, then they must be learning quickly that its a different era. There is too much information available to the average fans and opinion makers now for that to be a viable route. You can manipulate fans but you can't pull wool over their eyes. The discussion isn't exclusively generated from the Globe and Herald anymore.

But that seems like an over complicated analysis to me.

I just think there is an organizational philosophy to reward for past accomplishments while the rest of the league is anticipating future accomplishments and so the Bruins are operating in a different reality. Which they also did in the Allison era which kept them mired in mediocrity.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Lol Pierre thinks were tanking for Matthews

Pierre is a ****** buffoon. :laugh:

Quite honestly the media and fans alike have gone from panic/over reaction to outright delusions. This is hilarious. Everyone wants to get their shot in on the Bruins. Telling Habs fans no less what they want to hear. What a shocker. Pierre and the rest of the "experts" are just piggy backing off the collective meltdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->