TSN: AUDIO: Bob McKenzie and Pierre McGuire on Bruins moves

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Trade Seguin, trade Hamilton.

Try to tank for a similar caliber prospect while having a roster with Chara, Bergy, Marchand, Eriksson, Rask, etc.

Only Sweeney would fall for that.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
There's zero chance you can tank with Rask in net. Zero.

i don't think they're tanking but rask sucked last year. the bruins would have made the playoffs if he played like one of the top goalies in the league.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
There's zero chance you can tank with Rask in net. Zero.

Well, with the lottery having been changed a few times, as long as you don't make the playoffs you got a chance...and the worse you are the better your odds get.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
i don't think they're tanking but rask sucked last year. the bruins would have made the playoffs if he played like one of the top goalies in the league.

Seriously? He's the only reason we were close. We hardly scored any goals

Well, with the lottery having been changed a few times, as long as you don't make the playoffs you got a chance...and the worse you are the better your odds get.

Oh yeah, forgot about the new system next year

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
i heard pierre on weei today. i only listened to the first half of the interview but i think he saved his tanking talk for the montreal airwaves.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA

Hahaha what?

Tuukka Rask was the only reason we were even close to the playoffs last year.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
Hahaha what?

Tuukka Rask was the only reason we were even close to the playoffs last year.

everyone had to put their hands over their eyes whenever svedberg was in net. he had almost the same stats as rask. every save rask makes it's THANK GOD WE HAVE RASK. then some random **** goes in from the point and everyone pretends like what can you do the savior had no chance to save it.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
everyone had to put their hands over their eyes whenever svedberg was in net. he had almost the same stats as rask. every save rask makes it's THANK GOD WE HAVE RASK. then some random **** goes in from the point and everyone pretends like what can you do the savior had no chance to save it.

Similar stats? In 58 less games played...:shakehead

I don't care about the stats. I watched the games. We repeatedly lost games by 1 goal that would have been 5 goal games if not for Rask. It got to the point where I felt sorry for him.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC

You do realize that backup goalies stats are for about 1/4 of the games a starter plays.....please stop while you can.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

This is the kind of ignorant **** that puts somebody on my ignore list immediately. How you can watch and then blame that putrid season on Rask is beyond me --he is the only reason we had a shot at the playoffs.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
This is the kind of ignorant **** that puts somebody on my ignore list immediately. How you can watch and then blame that putrid season on Rask is beyond me --he is the only reason we had a shot at the playoffs.

I'd imagine he's just trolling. I would hope..

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
:amazed::amazed:

We were so close to the playoffs BECAUSE of Rask, Bergeron, and eventually the kids.

I disagree Rask got better as the season went on but he was just as guilty as everybody with inconsistent play especially at the beginning of the season and when it really counted.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Summer's not over and there's still time to trade Rask.

I'm not 100% on the "the plan is to tank" wagon but with some of the moves they've made it makes more sense than "they are building a cup contending team."

These moves in the small picture and the big picture make more sense.

Moving Looch to sign Dougie makes sense. Moving Looch and Dougie for picks does not.

Sweeney seems to be playing NHL 15 with the real team. Either hid his phone and fax machine or tell him it's not a video game.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on

I fully agree with you. Rask, sucked badly down the stretch in the big games. Letting in softies ,over and over again. I was so hoping they were going to trade him. He wasn't the only problem with this team, but he was a problem. It's going to be an interesting season coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad