Value of: Auction: David Perron (VGK)

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hes one of the better players on your already awful team. If VGK sells everyone good, no one will want to watch their games.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I bet McPhee would trade him for a 6th round pick in 2022.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If it's an auction, I start the bidding at one Brooks Orpik and six Riptude Rush-flavored Gatorades. Would be willing to throw in a lightly used and recently resigned Philip Grubauer in exchange for Nate Schmidt as well.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He'll be sold at the deadline. With retention, for a 1st.

He's going to get a **** ton of ice-time in Vegas and look like a borderline 1st liner before he gets traded, and then slow down on his new team cause he won't be getting ridiculous PP time.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
He'll be sold at the deadline. With retention, for a 1st.

He's going to get a **** ton of ice-time in Vegas and look like a borderline 1st liner before he gets traded, and then slow down on his new team cause he won't be getting ridiculous PP time.

Yeah probably something like that. I don't think he'll fetch a first, but if he does his usual like you're describing, maybe he will.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Previous Perron trades, if anybody is curious...

July 10, 2013
To EDM: Perron
To STL: PRV and 2nd rd 2014 (ended up being 33rd overall, Barbashev)

Jan 2, 2015
To PIT: Perron
to EDM: Rob Klinkhammer and 1st rd 2015 (ended up being 16th overall. This pick was traded to NYI as part of the Griffin Renhart trade, NYI took Barzal.)

Jan 16, 2016
To ANH: Perron, Clendening
To PIT: Carl Hagelin

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I believe he is UFA at end of this coming season; so a TDL deal is a possibility.

Change "possibility" to "certainty". It fits McPhee's MO, and we've got no reason to keep him beyond February.

Would be willing to throw in a lightly used and recently resigned Philip Grubauer in exchange for Nate Schmidt as well.

Too late - McPhee already made that choice once.

I don't think he'll fetch a first, but if he does his usual like you're describing, maybe he will.

I'd be ecstatic to get a first, but I'm certainly not expecting it (especially for this draft). My hope is for a 2nd + prospect with 2-3 more years of waiver eligibility.

kings would be interested depending on asking price

Based on my ask above, I'd prefer your 2018 2nd + prospect. Is there a guy in the Kings system who's somewhat buried on the depth chart but doesn't need waivers for a few years?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Based on my ask above, I'd prefer your 2018 2nd + prospect. Is there a guy in the Kings system who's somewhat buried on the depth chart but doesn't need waivers for a few years?

sadly no I don't think we do (fellow king fans can help here) I would however offer a conditional 2nd ( on him resigning) 3rd if not in 19 and Micheal Mersch who i believe your gm scouted a lot Mersch however needs waivers to be sent down

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
sadly no I don't think we do (fellow king fans can help here) I would however offer a conditional 2nd ( on him resigning) 3rd if not in 19 and Micheal Mersch who i believe your gm scouted a lot Mersch however needs waivers to be sent down

Mersch is a fine player so I wouldn't be opposed, but I think he might be a little older than we'd prefer - considering McPhee seems to be thinking long-term. I'd rather focus on guys who are still in junior/NCAA that are a few more years away - on the Kings, that'd be someone like Mikey Eyssimont for example.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Mersch is a fine player so I wouldn't be opposed, but I think he might a little older than we'd prefer - considering McPhee seems to be thinking long-term. I'd rather focus on guys who are still in junior/NCAA that are a few more years away - on the Kings, that'd be someone like Mikey Eyssimont for example.

the kings have traded to many of there prospects like that for short term gains I don't see the kings doing that Mersch i could see only because hes got to go thru waviers if he dont make the team

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
He'll probably get a 2nd and a 4th at the deadline if he has a solid season.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Plekanec@35% retained, Nikita Scherbak and 3rd round pick 2019 for Perron and a 4th round pick 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad