Aubrey Huff excluded from 2010 World Series celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
“Quite frankly, shocked. Disappointed. If it wasn’t for me, they wouldn’t be having a reunion,” Huff said.
lol

Huff returned to Twitter today after getting a week-long ban.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Nothing about what he said sounds like a joke. Sounds like the typical defense mechanism for when someone says something way out of bounds and then when people rightly are offended by it decide to say they are joking to deflect.

Reactions: MXD

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even if you want to argue the Giants should look the other way and treat it solely as a baseball event, really what would be the purpose of having him there to get booed by the fans for obvious reasons when he gets introduced?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Even if you want to argue the Giants should look the other way and treat it solely as a baseball event, really what would be the purpose of having him there to get booed by the fans for obvious reasons when he gets introduced?
It would be interesting to know how many fans at the game would have that reaction.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Pretty sure he is banned for his comments about Giants and their new coach but holy hell does he tweet some dumb stuff

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I have a very random memory involving Huff: When he was on the then Devil Rays, I recall an Espn broadcaster mentioning how Huff told him a story about how his mother was a single mom that made sure he was able to play travel and other competitive levels. It's strange to me that be would have these views of women after saying that.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
It would be interesting to know how many fans at the game would have that reaction.

The media will have you believe he would get booed. The true fans remember him for being part of that team, and being a huge contributor, and they always will. He says some things where he goes too far and if it is a joke it is a weird joke in some ways. But this is why I think social media has gotten too much power over the years. Do you really want to know what is on the mind of players and former players? All of them? I don't, it doesn't matter to me, we put too much stock into things like that. Separate the outside world from the baseball world. He was a major contributor on that team, you invite him and leave it at that. If you knew the bedroom habits (for example) and other such things as the married players you idolized you wouldn't invite any of them.

How many Giants fans even are aware of his views on Twitter? I have great respect for a lot of athletes past and present and couldn't even tell you if they have a Twitter account let alone follow them.

Reactions: Voight

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
His sentiment is right though, most people aren't engaged like a lot of people assume they are. People engaging on twitter are such a small % of the population.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
His sentiment is right though, most people aren't engaged like a lot of people assume they are. People engaging on twitter are such a small % of the population.

I use twitter, but only for sports news, memes and to mess around with friends. I only follow ~200 people and less than half those 200 accounts are probably still active. It's been 10+ years of build up. I also have filters on tons of things from politics to the Kardashians. So twitter is fine for me.

But I agree if you get to the guts of it, it's a literally cesspool. So is most of social media. I've never had a facebook and quit instagram a few years ago when I realized I don't take/post a lot of pictures and IDC about peoples' kids, vacations or partying videos aha. If I was an athlete/celebrity I either wouldn't use it at all or not use my real name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad