Confirmed with Link: Aube-Kubel signs (1 yr./$700K, two-way)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We don’t even have to go that far.

Stewart’s (or whichever bum’s) 4-8 minutes doesn’t actually impact the game. But too few minutes to impact the game is enough to form an evaluation on a rookie.

jyAFMQCd8HaacYuhvZ.gif

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
I think NAK and PIT are different from previous role players in that they do contribute in timely situations and their shifts are often real momentum shifters. NAK has been the most pleasant surprise if the season for me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think NAK and PIT are different from previous role players in that they do contribute in timely situations and their shifts are often real momentum shifters. NAK has been the most pleasant surprise if the season for me.
They desperately lacked high-energy, annoying, harassing forecheckers in the bottom 6 under Hextall.

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
They desperately lacked high-energy, annoying, harassing forecheckers in the bottom 6 under Hextall.
And they look like hockey players, they won puck battles, hold the puck, manage the puck, finnish some checks...And they get rewarded for honest play with the odd scoresheet contribution. I wish NAK was a little bigger so he could bruise a little more but I'll take the package as is too!

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

It didn’t seem particularly topical or important in lieu of Oskar’s return to the locker room, but when they showed him and NAK was sitting next to him, the thought may have crossed my mind, “Goddamn he thicc.” :laugh:

I remember when someone here — no names! — tried to say NAK was an undersized forward over the summer. Oopsies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It didn’t seem particularly topical or important in lieu of Oskar’s return to the locker room, but when they showed him and NAK was sitting next to him, the thought may have crossed my mind, “Goddamn he thicc.” :laugh:

I remember when someone here — no names! — tried to say NAK was an undersized forward over the summer. Oopsies.

Was it someone who “watched NAK”? :laugh:

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People keep confusing height with size, it's all about mass and leverage, short guys can weigh less because they have leverage (but not too much less or they end up like Martel, imitating a curling disk).
NAK has plenty of mass for his size, unlike say Leier.
Even TK has bulked up nicely, and it works well with his edge, he's a punk, but he's OUR punk.

There's also something generally referred to as "natural strength," Frost and Farabee may nominally weight the same, but Farabee is much stronger than Frost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->