Attention Mr. Swingstein

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Realise you've probably got 10-15 GM's chasing you right now, but I have a couple of players I offered contracts to that I do not know the status of. I really need to know what happened there so i can plan my attack on free agency as their status greatly affects what I am planning to do.

if you can e-mail me back it would be appreciated.

Josh

PIT has one too !

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Suffice it to say, if you have not heard back yet, the player is still possibly considering the offer but is testing free agency at the same time to see if another offer (or offer sheet) comes in. I wouldn't expect any of these players to make a decision until free agency is underway and there is better feel for what offers are out there. The offer you have submitted will be considered alongside any other offers that have come in.

For the most part, last minute offers were not seen a priority to make a decision on right away, especially in the case of where these are the first offers the player might have received all year. That said, when the first waive of signings come through, you will likely see at least some of these players accepting an offer they have received from their current team (be it a QO or a long-term deal).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad