Attendance figures from previous seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Anyone have attendance figures for the NHL going back to, let's say, the 1970's, 1960's or earlier even?

I would be interested to compare previous seasons, even the 1980's and 1990's to the last few seasons' attendance numbers. If anyone knows a website or a book/guide with the information, I would like to know.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Daly was saying that Hockeys sales percentage was about 90% capacity, whereas basketballs is about 85%. Also he claimed their national tv contract wasnt really overly significant as the NFL woujld be for example. And hockey revenues have grown faster recently than basketball.

With all our struggling markets, our overall average attendance is still higher than basketball? Thats surprising to me.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Careful though. Those numbers may have been provided by the NHL, so they can't be trusted. Some teams will be intentionally lowering the number of fans at the games to hide revenue. Other teams will be intentionally increasing attendance figures so they can claim to have had good attendance, but still had losses...

:joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->