ATP Game - Quarter Finals - (1) Shea Weber vs (9) Paul Kariya

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Kariya was the first sweater I bought. Loved watching him play here. Still wish things would have worked out differently with him here. I will never forget hearing Daunic announce his signing on the radio. It was one of those "hell yeah" moments for sure.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Kariya's was the first one I got for myself, as well--and only name until this year. He was one of my favorites before he came here, and when he showed up in a Preds uniform he gave legitimacy to the franchise. That was one of my 10 most exciting days to be a Pred fan. But was he a best all time Predator? No, he was a great hockey player but he was also a mercenary. He went toward the better pasture, wherever it might be...for awhile it looked to be Nashville. After some time stewing over his decision to go to the Blues of all places, and seemingly after we moved Hartnell and Vokoun to make the room to keep him, I understand and I forgive him. Business. And security of location. But he's not a "Predator" any more than he's a St. Louis Blue or a Colorado Avalanche or even a Duck. But he's mostly a Duck.

Shea is just the opposite. He's a Predator whether he wants to be or not. :-D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad