Atlantic division teams leading 3 of 4 current divisions

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Edmonton or the Jets would prob be 1st in your division.

Nope. They couldn't even make it to the real playoffs last year. How many of the teams in the north made it past the first round playing against a team not in their current division? One.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Nope. They couldn't even make it to the real playoffs last year. How many of the teams in the north made it past the first round playing against a team not in their current division? One.
I watched almost all the Avs games this season and my Leafs will pick apart their D coverage. The high-pressure D Vegas, you guys play gets exposed by our skill. We make 1-2 quick passes and then you have a high pressure D running around all over the place

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It is amusing how much the North division has certain American fans all worked up. Go take a walk or something it will be okay.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
This guy is a clown. Wayne Simmonds has same amount of goals as avs best player in Mackinnin. Avs are a good team in the 5-10 range. Leafs are top three at the moment

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I'm not gonna get into the whole argument regarding who's better Avs or Toronto.

I can just say this as an objective fan. The person who said that the Panthers are just as good or better than Avs is delusional.

You lost all credibility there buddy.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Also comparing scoring leaders in a year like this is hard.

The schedule is f***ed up. And Toronto plays vs defensive gods like the Oilers, Ottawa etc.

But yes, both Avs and Toronto are contenders.

Meanwhile my team sucks donkey dick...

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It is amusing how much the North division has certain American fans all worked up. Go take a walk or something it will be okay.

I'm sorry that pointing out facts makes you realize that fans in general feel your team's "success" is due to circumstance and not due to actual improvement.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I watched almost all the Avs games this season and my Leafs will pick apart their D coverage. The high-pressure D Vegas, you guys play gets exposed by our skill. We make 1-2 quick passes and then you have a high pressure D running around all over the place

Ya you probably thought the leafs would beat Columbus last year, while I predicted the leafs would lose. Guess who was right?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I am sorry that you have not come to the realization at whatever point you are at in life that your opinion is not fact.

It is a fact that there is no interdivisional games and that the north has the least amount of success in the playoffs last year.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It is a fact that there is no interdivisional games and that the north has the least amount of success in the playoffs last year.
It is your opinion that the North teams not having playoff success last year is a direct correlation to this year. There is in no way anything factual about that you do realize that right? I am trying not to hold your hand to much through this.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It is your opinion that the North teams not having playoff success last year is a direct correlation to this year. There is in no way anything factual about that you do realize that right? I am trying not to hold your hand to much through this.

There is absolutely a direct correlation. If you don't recognize that recent past success has correlation to next season (not 100%) then you have very limited understanding of any sport. How can you prove the correlation is limited? By beating many teams league wide (especially the good teams) over a large sample size.

Some fans just want to stick their head in the sand and be ignorant of the circumstance.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You don't have any good teams

Tampa just won the cup, Boston just lost in game 7 of the finals the year prior, both have multiple SCF appearances and wins in the past decade. Leafs are on the rise as are the Panthers. The only good team in your division is Colorado lol, hands down the worst division. The Atlantic has 3 of the top teams and 3 of the worst, yours is pretty bad all around. Atlantic teams would feast in that division.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

How many West teams made it past the first round playing against a team not in their current division?

1 - Vegas

How many West teams didn't even qualify for the 24 team format:
3- Anaheim, LA, San Jose

and the Atlantic:
1- Ottawa

You make a point, that literally applies to your own division SMH

Reactions: jasonleaffan

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You probably thought the Avs would make the final, while I predicted they would lose. Guess who was right ?

Yes because making the finals is the same as making it to the actual playoffs (round of 16). See that's where the gap between the two teams reside.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
There is absolutely a direct correlation. If you don't recognize that recent past success has correlation to next season (not 100%) then you have very limited understanding of any sport. How can you prove the correlation is limited? By beating many teams league wide (especially the good teams) over a large sample size.

Some fans just want to stick their head in the sand and be ignorant of the circumstance.
You just seem to be having a hard time with what is fact and opinion. You are sharing your opinion here. Which you are obviously fully entitled too. I really do not care if your opinion is that the Leafs are bad...you are one random person on the internet lol. The fact that there is no cross division play means there is no factual way to know how good the divisions are compared to each other. That is just the flat out truth whether you want to hear it or not.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Tampa just won the cup, Boston just lost in game 7 of the finals the year prior, both have multiple SCF appearances and wins in the past decade. Leafs are on the rise as are the Panthers. The only good team in your division is Colorado lol, hands down the worst division. The Atlantic has 3 of the top teams and 3 of the worst, yours is pretty bad all around. Atlantic teams would feast in that division.

Tampa and Boston are not in the north. Panthers would probably crush the leafs since they are doing well in an average to above average division (that has Tampa).

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Tampa and Boston are not in the north. Panthers would probably crush the leafs since they are doing well in an average to above average division (that has Tampa).

No shit Sherlock, that's why I said Atlantic, just as the thread title is discussing. Panthers would probably destroy the Avalanche too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
No shit Sherlock, that's why I said Atlantic, just as the thread title is discussing. Panthers would probably destroy the Avalanche too.

The Panthers would be trouble for either team this season, they're very impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvroArrow

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
The Panters would be trouble for either team this season, they're very impressive.
Panthers should be considered a cup contender and can win it all.

And BTW, playoff round wins since 1996.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The Panters would be trouble for either team this season, they're very impressive.

I don't doubt it, if they're causing problems for Tampa (who I have as the clear cup favorite again) they would undoubtedly be a handful for Toronto or any team for that matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad