Atlanta Gladiators Rebrand

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
New Atlanta Gladiators Branding Unveiled - Arena Digest
The Bruins are probably Headed for a Manchester Expansion team But i guess they are still affiliated with The Gladiators for now

Hold up. Bruins aren’t putting their ECHL team in Manchester any time soon. No reputable source has ever reported, linked, or even insinuated that. EC call-ups are few and far between. Certainly not enough to make Jacobs want to get a team in Manchester. If he really wanted a team in the Coast, he would’ve hopped in when Worcester, Lowell, or Portland opened up. They’ve actively not cared about the P Bruins for over a decade as long as their prospects get developed and they get their share of the concessions revenue. They would let Leroux run a circus as long as those two conditions are met. The Bruins under Jacobs have never cared about any minor league occurrences.

That will continue. Manchester used to be a great AHL market, but they aren’t the only ones and aren’t anything special. Not sure why people are making them out to be some fantastic “can’t miss” market.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Hold up. Bruins aren’t putting their ECHL team in Manchester any time soon. No reputable source has ever reported, linked, or even insinuated that. EC call-ups are few and far between. Certainly not enough to make Jacobs want to get a team in Manchester. If he really wanted a team in the Coast, he would’ve hopped in when Worcester, Lowell, or Portland opened up. They’ve actively not cared about the P Bruins for over a decade as long as their prospects get developed and they get their share of the concessions revenue. They would let Leroux run a circus as long as those two conditions are met. The Bruins under Jacobs have never cared about any minor league occurrences.

That will continue. Manchester used to be a great AHL market, but they aren’t the only ones and aren’t anything special. Not sure why people are making them out to be some fantastic “can’t miss” market.
I should have wrote its been speculated on HFBoards about a Manchester expansion team. They dont have to own it though. A local businessman could talk to the bruins brass about one and they could use a partnership with the b's to Try to get support for a return to the echl as a new unrelated to the monarchs expansion team.

Last edited:

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I should have wrote its been speculated on HFBoards about a Manchester expansion team. They dont have to own it though. A local businessman could talk to the bruins brass about one and they could use a partnership with the b's to Try to get support for a return to the echl as a new unrelated to the monarchs expansion team.

The affiliation still doesn’t do anything for him though. Bruins are king in New England, it’s not like he’s desperate for good marketing or outreach. All signs point towards the market sitting empty for a long time.

Royalsflagrunner77

Jul 26, 2013
Birdsboro PA
If I'm a business owner I'm not going to spend a dime to try to a ECHL level franchise in Manchester . They proved they won't support it . Unless there is a huge push on the local level for a team no investor is gonna touch that market again.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Reminds me of the Thrashers color pallet a little. Not sure they were going for that but pretty good re-brand.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
3C842662-D6B2-4C0B-A771-8AA6903D6784.jpeg
6FDBFE6C-DEFA-490E-8134-BCFD674FCFE4.jpeg

New jerseys unveiled

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Not a fan of the gold-ish neckline to cuff band on the left sleeve of the blue jersey (out of balance), but it might look better in real life. They both look collegiate to me.

Reactions: Royalsflagrunner77

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Jerseys look fine, I've seen a lot worse.

Sidenote: I would not call Manchester a "hot market" right now. Manchester needs to be in a "damnit not having hockey sucks" mentality -- right now they're still in a "They took our good team away from us and pawned donkey crap on as the same team so they got what they deserved" mentality. (not gonna further and derail the thread).

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I have a feeling the announcers won't be fans either. Only having a number on one shoulder makes it a little harder to identify the players during game action.
On-ice officials may have a similar complaint. We'll see how it plays out. Branding is a big deal to franchise survival, so Leagues seldom stand in the way.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I have a feeling the announcers won't be fans either. Only having a number on one shoulder makes it a little harder to identify the players during game action.

I'm not looking forward to this, either. Unfortunately, I believe Atlanta visits our rink after the jersey-reversal date, so they'll be wearing the dark uniforms with only one sleeve number. Thankfully, the sleeve number is on the side that faces our broadcast booth during the periods I'm most likely to need them.

That said, I think the uniforms are really sharp and look great.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
capture.jpg

Readings new jersey's this year very plain

I dig them. Very simple. They look very similar to the Lightning uniforms. With the purple and white, the contrast really pops. Selfishly, from an announcer's POV, it'll be very easy to read the numbers. The logos are great, and a simple uniform template allows them to take center stage.

Reactions: 210

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I dig them. Very simple. They look very similar to the Lightning uniforms. With the purple and white, the contrast really pops. Selfishly, from an announcer's POV, it'll be very easy to read the numbers. The logos are great, and a simple uniform template allows them to take center stage.

I'm a fan of the different logos on the lights and darks. The WorSharks did that in year two for them and I really thought it was cool.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So something interesting was just tweeted out. The Gladiators gave a jersey to a sponsor with the new colors but the old alternate logo. The logo is also on the shoulder of the yellow jerseys. Here’s a side by side of the jersey mock up and the one in the picture

Attachments

• B2FFCA21-7DD5-475E-91AB-5C5D95733409.jpeg
    B2FFCA21-7DD5-475E-91AB-5C5D95733409.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 4

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
It looks like their new alternate was leaked on NHL 20 like Indy

Attachments

• 5E67E354-24D3-4731-87E8-561CBD794AF2.jpeg
    5E67E354-24D3-4731-87E8-561CBD794AF2.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 5