Atlanta Gladiators have new owners

GreenHornet

Mar 3, 2011
Norcross, GA
One of them most folks probably don't know, and that's Alex Campbell. The other, however, is Anson Carter. They were very coy about their long-term plans, but one thing that is certain is that the Gladiators should be staying put at Gas South Arena for quite some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eco

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
One of them most folks probably don't know, and that's Alex Campbell. The other, however, is Anson Carter. They were very coy about their long-term plans, but one thing that is certain is that the Gladiators should be staying put at Gas South Arena for quite some time.

"I think there are a lot of shysters in Florida..." - Dickie Dunn

Reactions: Captain Crash

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

Obviously this is good news.

If we could somehow get some hockey news in this city. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a 3rd chance at a hockey team.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... If we could somehow get some hockey news in this city. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a 3rd chance at a hockey team.
Buy a local TV station, and advertise the hell outta your "Yes, Atlanta Has Hockey!" blog on it. Then maybe, just maybe ... :dooney:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Buy a local TV station, and advertise the hell outta your "Yes, Atlanta Has Hockey!" blog on it. Then maybe, just maybe ... :dooney:
If you know Atlanta, then you know that the stadium is in a bad location.

Get back into Atlanta or at least closer to 285 and more people will go. Where they are at now is just a nightmare to get to unless you live in Gwinnett County.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If you know Atlanta, then you know that the stadium is in a bad location.

Get back into Atlanta or at least closer to 285 and more people will go. Where they are at now is just a nightmare to get to unless you live in Gwinnett County.
I'm quite familiar with Metro Atlanta, and especially with Gwinnett County. Moving the Gladiators (or whatever they become) wouldn't be a short-term project for your region. Leveraging a former NHL player with name recognition now in an ownership role will be the opening act of a show with an uncertain run ahead. But at least it's a new curtain to raise, and a chance to freshen up the marquee.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I'm quite familiar with Metro Atlanta, and especially with Gwinnett County. Moving the Gladiators (or whatever they become) wouldn't be a short-term project for your region. Leveraging a former NHL player with name recognition now in an ownership role will be the opening act of a show with an uncertain run ahead. But at least it's a new curtain to raise, and a chance to freshen up the marquee.
Yeah, fair enough, so you can understand that if you live in Cobb, driving to Duluth is a nightmare. Same goes for if you live in most areas of Fulton Cty also.

Hell, I live in Cherokee and it's almost an hour's drive there.

Reactions: Roadhog and JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, fair enough, so you can understand that if you live in Cobb, driving to Duluth is a nightmare. Same goes for if you live in most areas of Fulton Cty also.

One word ... "hyperloop technology" ... OK, so that's two words, but still, it'd be a helluva way to get to a hockey game ... :thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: Eco

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

There's a reason for that! I wonder what it could be...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad