Trade: [ATL/CWS] Aaron Bummer for Mike Soroka, Jared Shuster, Nicky Lopez, Braden Schewmake, and Riley Gowens

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The old 5 for 1 trade for a reliever with a 6 ERA. :huh:

Maybe just looking to open a few roster spots on the 40 man?
That's the right answer. While the Braves are hoping to get the Bummer from a couple seasons ago when he had a 3 ERA, this was mainly to open up roster space heading into hot stove.

For the White Sox, the prize is probably Shewmake who had a great spring last year and a decent season in AAA. Soroka is the biggest name but he's washed. Schuster had several chances to get into the rotation, but failed. Lopez was a really good bench guy, but is that. Bench-energy.

Last edited:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Braves really didn't give up as much as people think.

-Shewmake is an average hitter with pretty good defense. I've watched a ton of minor league games and I've never been a fan of his vision at the plate.
-Shuster is not a strikeout pitcher, but also not a ground-ball pitcher. His stuff gets hit around a lot.
-Soroka never got the sinker working like he did before the surgeries. Leaves some bad pitches up in the zone nowadays.
-Lopez is a solid bench player.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Sox land

- Once promising young SP whose career was derailed by injury (Soroka)
- A young SP who struggled in his first prolonged ML experience last season (Shuster)
- A SP prospect from Libertyville who is longshot prospect (Gowens)
- A SS prospect who is good defensively but lousy hitter (Shewmake)
- A bench utility IF who has several years of ML experience (Lopez)

Pretty happy with this

Bummer is bum and I am glad never having to watch him again

For some reason became overrated/hyped by media despite him constantly shitting the bed in big moments

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad