Podcast (Audio) ATKM Manon Rhéaume, Hockey Operations/Prospect Advisor - COMING SOON

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
We're scheduled to speak to Manon on Wednesday afternoon.

Get your questions in now and as always if they're appropriate and interesting and there's a way to weave them into the conversation I'll try and do it!

Aaaaaaaand

go

EDIT: The episode has been recorded and I'll update the thread when it's published.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Since the Kings aren't really clear on what her role entails, it's difficult to formulate questions for her. That said, I would ask if, being a former goalie, she's interested in leaning more towards goalie coaching & development, working alongside Bill Ranford.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
what are the different challenges prospect face nowadays versus when you started playing professionally?

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Since the Kings aren't really clear on what her role entails, it's difficult to formulate questions for her. That said, I would ask if, being a former goalie, she's interested in leaning more towards goalie coaching & development, working alongside Bill Ranford.

That's kind of my question, I want to know what the role entails, or if it's so early in the process that it's not even fully defined yet and the path it takes is up to her. How did she wind up interviewing, or did they reach out to her, or was it sort of a collaborative thought.

I do like that the Kings aren't scared to be innovative with 'support' positions like this and Brantt Myhrres

Reactions: David Lunch

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
That's kind of my question, I want to know what the role entails, or if it's so early in the process that it's not even fully defined yet and the path it takes is up to her. How did she wind up interviewing, or did they reach out to her, or was it sort of a collaborative thought.

I do like that the Kings aren't scared to be innovative with 'support' positions like this and Brantt Myhrres
This was my thought too. Like the college sports wars, more support is good.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
What are the short term goals and the quick fixes of the role and how does that evolve into the blue sky thinking of the strategy. Do the short term goals need to be successful to have the buy in to then take the longer strategy forward.

For you to reword, far better Jesse. Hope you know what I mean.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

She's always had a loose relationship with LA, affiliates etc, friends of friends.....same with Maria Denis....not sure if she still works with them or not....but I would assume it was a mix of LA reaching out saying, we wanna do this, you interested....etc.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Being a pioneer in women's hockey, what sort of obstacles does she continue to observe or experience, if any? And do these obstacles shape or influence her approach in this new position?

As a head coach of prospects/players in different age groups (from u14 to u19), what has she noticed are the biggest differences and challenges between the ages?

On top of what her specific duties are, is it more of an advisory or collaborative role?

Were there other teams vying for her to do the same duties as LA? If yes, what had her choose the Kings?

Reactions: Statto

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
She is someone I admired a little bit growing up. I had all of her trading cards and to this day one of the only non-Kings hockey memorabilia I have is a signed Tampa Bay puck of hers still on my desk.

Admittedly, I don't have any questions for her that haven't been asked endlessly, but during her career, did she have anyone in the NHL that she looked up to, was a big influence, or perhaps even mentored her?

Also, is there anything that she particularly wishes to impart to young players today?

Attachments

• 20220803_083923.jpg
    20220803_083923.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Mattias

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If the Kings are in Detroit, would she available as the EBUG, if called upon?

• Haha
Reactions: Telos

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Did I miss it. Tell her she's still the best looking hockey player ever. Man or woman. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad