Athletics/track & field

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Disappointed that Senni Salminen failed to qualify for the women's triple jump final after setting the Finnish record this summer. She's young though. At least we got one woman in the final...

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
When are the 100 meter heats and finals? I have no idea if i'm coming or going with the Olympics in Japan..

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not sure if Sha'Qarri Richardson would've gotten more than bronze in the 100 meter women's final. The winner was the only one who clocked a PB.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
US were placed on the track falsely by the officials in their heat, that's why they got through.
Yeah, and there still was a mistake during the race which always leads to disqualifications. For the Dom Rep as well, brw. They basically just said that it was the mistake of the officials that they didn' tell the athletes were to stand. Let that sink in.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, and there still was a mistake during the race which always leads to disqualifications. For the Dom Rep as well, brw. They basically just said that it was the mistake of the officials that they didn' tell the athletes were to stand. Let that sink in.

Exactly, the athletes are compensated for those when it's possible.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Only a matter of time before Rojas absolutely destroys the current world record.

Jesus christ. Another disallowed jump... But now she did it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Jacobs wins the 100m! He was obviously having a good season, but that's a surprise.

Also, De Grasse finally wins Canada's first medal for the men! He didn't have the greatest start, but that was still a great finish.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Imagine if he had a good start lol. Runs a personal best with one of the worst starts you’ll ever see. That acceleration down the stretch was amazing.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I'm not sure if Sha'Qarri Richardson would've gotten more than bronze in the 100 meter women's final. The winner was the only one who clocked a PB.

She might have got silver, hard to say, no one was beating Thompson though, what a run! Even Fraser-Pryce seemed to know she needed to be perfect to have a chance. She cut short her acceleration early to try and hang with her, hit her top speed about 20m before her more relaxed semi run. Thought Flo-jo's controversial WR was almost unattainable, but Thompson showed she could do it if she had perfect conditions.

Jacobs wins the 100m! He was obviously having a good season, but that's a surprise.

Also, De Grasse finally wins Canada's first medal for the men! He didn't have the greatest start, but that was still a great finish.

De Grasse's start still blows, but he can fly when he gets running. Looking forward to the showdown between him and Lyles in the 200, it's almost certainly down to those two for gold. The way De Grasse ran his relay leg in his last race before the games, almost running down team GB from 5m back, he's clearly got his top speed peaked at the right time. I've got $$ on him for 200 gold with the pre-Olympic odds he was getting.

Congrats to Jacobs on the title, great season, great run, and seems like a good guy. Well deserved. Looked like Bromell messed up his peak this summer, what a disappointment. Particularly odd as he trains with De Grasse who looks to have timed things right. Might be a victim of having to prepare for a very competitive US trials that a lot of the other competitors don't have to deal with (Jacobs could show up hungover with no sleep and still win the Italian trials, the Americans have to be in top form just to qualify for the games).

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
My reaction at an Italian winning the 100m finals: Fffjffcdrdrygssdcvjyrujbczsswwryiomnvdyjkgfc:banana::banana::banana::walrus::dumbo::devdance::devdance::pickle:ggihyhgtihfhcdf¡!!!!!;!!;;;;!;?;;!!!!!!?!!! :banana::5::hyper::vhappy::yo::scared::scared:
The most important day in the history of Italian sport! The classic silence of a sunday broken by a roar that came from all the buildings. What an emotion!!!

Reactions: Fighter

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It's such a shame she went to Salazar. An absolutely amazing runner, but I can never trust her to be clean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->