ATHLETIC KNIT NAMED “EXCLUSIVE JERSEY PROVIDER OF THE ECHL”

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017
The ECHL announced on Wednesday that Athletic Knit has been named the “Exclusive Jersey Provider of the ECHL” beginning with the 2019-20 Season.

As part of the agreement, Athletic Knit will be the exclusive provider of home, away and third jerseys for all ECHL teams, in addition to providing jerseys for the ECHL All-Star Classic each season.
“Athletic Knit has been providing jerseys to the ECHL and our teams for a long time through our Theme Night Programs and their innovative design and commitment to customer service continues to impress our teams,” said ECHL Commissioner Ryan Crelin. “We look forward to expanding this relationship as Athletic Knit product will now adorn ECHL Teams throughout the season.”

ECHL Teams will be unveiling their jersey designs under the new program throughout the summer in preparation for the 2019-20 Season.

“The ECHL is an integral part of professional hockey in North America and we are incredibly proud to partner with them,” said Athletic Knit Co-President David Sliwin. “Our heritage and our passion since 1962 has been hockey. We have had the pleasure of working with the league and its teams for years and are excited to grow the relationship. The 27 teams within the ECHL all have their own unique identities and we look forward to providing the uniforms that player and fans alike will wear with pride.”

Source: Athletic Knit named “Exclusive Jersey Provider of the ECHL”

Reactions: Gazoobz

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017
Seems like all the teams will have new jerseys next year. Doesn't say how long the agreement will be for. Does anyone know how long they were with CCM?

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Seems like all the teams will have new jerseys next year. Doesn't say how long the agreement will be for. Does anyone know how long they were with CCM?
I'm not sure about the last contract, but it seems like they switch every few years. The sizing on the current regular home and away jerseys ran really small. I couldn't get one that fit me at all. The special event jerseys, that Athletic Knit was apparently making, fit a lot differently. I was concerned initially that they would go totally sublimated, but looking at their website they do have the option for "cut and sew" as well. Teams don't always redesign their base jerseys when they change suppliers. I've got a couple Royals jerseys that have the same design but made by different companies. The material and stitching are different, but from a distance they look exactly the same.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
Apparently, they expect the quality to be better than the CCM jerseys.

The specialty jerseys they've done recently for the Monarchs have been mostly sublimated and look thin, but I suspect the team paid AK for the cheapest option possible since those jerseys do not sell.

With these jerseys being used throughout regular season + playoffs, I would expect the jerseys to be heavier and higher quality.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey

ECHL, Reebok extend agreement through 2012

This was the earliest press release I could find in a quick Google search mentioning a partnership. Reebok and CCM had the same ownership and eventually, everything hockey related by Reebok changed to CCM branding.

Interestingly enough, several teams (based on Meigray listings) used SP for several years after that announcement in 2009.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Maine's primary home and away were CCM which were heavier than the third jerseys.... Maine used OT as the supplier for the third jersey's they wore last season. AK sizing is XL, 1X 2X and 3X with the goalies wearing a 4X vs. 56 through 60G.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
The ECHL was late to switch to the Reebok Edge style from the 6100 style of jersey. The NHL and AHL switched in 2007, the Canadian Jr's did it in 2008, but the E wasn't until 2014 or 2015, IIRC. That was about the time Adidas corp decided that the NHL would be the only league branded Reebok, and the "lower" leagues would use their CCM branding. It will be interesting to see what AK does.

Gazoobz

Apr 22, 2019
The agreement is for 3 years. All jerseys will be pro style cut and sewn with new specific fit that was worked on with the ECHL. No sublimation, unless the teams want it on their jerseys. Also some teams will have carryover jersey designs, so not all teams getting new looks.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Based on what I heard I'm not sure any teams are getting any major changes from this season to next. Railers were hoping to "fix" some things on their jerseys but are putting it off with the new manufacturer,

Gazoobz

Apr 22, 2019
Based on what I heard I'm not sure any teams are getting any major changes from this season to next. Railers were hoping to "fix" some things on their jerseys but are putting it off with the new manufacturer,

Oh, there are some getting some changes. Some major. Some are carrying over, never heard anything about the Railers. Some are adding new 3rds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad