News Article: Athletic "Dysfunction In The Desert" Story

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, I really respect him for trying to tell both sides of the story and for giving the kid a chance to speak. But he is getting railed pretty hard at the moment...

It's a puff piece. The intro leads you to believe questions of consequence would be asked. None of that happens. Even the parents get a redemption arc.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It's a puff piece. The intro leads you to believe questions of consequence would be asked. None of that happens. Even the parents get a redemption arc.

Yeah true...I wish he would have gone a little deeper and actually asked some harder more in depth questions.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Wouldn’t surprise me, the “women of sports” have banded together which is fine, but don’t go posting glam shots of yourself and expect to be taken as seriously, IMO anyway.
Just wanted to put that out there.... i guess.

I’m partial to the party girl shots that make the female reporters look like an absolute train wreck in life but they complain no one takes them seriously.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It sounds like he's done everything he can to redeem himself. I mean, what more is there a teenager can do to make up for that? It certainly shouldn't carry a life sentence keeping him from pursuing college and a professional sports career. He's going to face hate groups the rest of his life if he stays in the public eye in any way. Isn't that enough? It seems to me people that don't want him to play hockey again won't be satisfied until they see him suffer. Pretty sad. I hope he lives a squeaky-clean life, becomes an anti-bullying spokesperson and turns into an all-star just to kill the cancel culture crew with kindness.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Craig will be fine he's mostly independent now in a field that has no other competition (Coyotes coverage) and people have short memories.

Case in point:

Supposedly this was the biggest hockey news story of the week and it doesn’t get mentioned at all on HNIC Headlines. I think this is in the rear view mirror now.

Speaking of the original story, I found this interesting. It was last weeks news after 3 days.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It sounds like he's done everything he can to redeem himself. I mean, what more is there a teenager can do to make up for that? It certainly shouldn't carry a life sentence keeping him from pursuing college and a professional sports career. He's going to face hate groups the rest of his life if he stays in the public eye in any way. Isn't that enough? It seems to me people that don't want him to play hockey again won't be satisfied until they see him suffer. Pretty sad. I hope he lives a squeaky-clean life, becomes an anti-bullying spokesperson and turns into an all-star just to kill the cancel culture crew with kindness.
The same Folks that will follow this kid for Life will line up to demand a drug addict or psycho murderer get a 2nd chance. They are the perpetually offended. The Progressive SJW who is as far from progressive as one can get.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I guess it's foolish for me to ask this question prior to reading the article but what was Craig trying to accomplish by writing this?

Miller's reps reached out to Craig to use him for an 'interview' even though the article itself is just an uncritical regurgitation of rehearsed lines from Miller and co.

Editor’s note: When representatives for Mitchell Miller reached out to see if I was interested in interviewing Miller, I made it clear that there would be conditions attached to that interview, and only after that interview would I decide whether it warranted a story.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Miller's reps reached out to Craig to use him for an 'interview' even though the article itself is just an uncritical regurgitation of rehearsed lines from Miller and co.

If I had to guess.... Miller’s reps tried going to several writers and Craig was the only one willing to do it because of the Coyotes connection.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I can’t disagree more with the cynical opinions expressed on this in the last few replies.

I’m not cynical. Miller can do all the interviews he wants..... but nobody is going to give him an inch until they can see real actions from him to back it up. And there’s no guarantee even that can happen.

That’s just the reality of it.

A reputation is easy to get, and damn near impossible to get rid of.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Seems too soon for him to be publicly trying to demonstrate a turnaround. This was obviously pushed by his family/advisors, but there's no way any one would believe that he's made any serious inroads since the draft. It's been like 4 months. I think it's correct for people to be upset about this because of the short timeline. He needs to keep a low profile while behaving well for a lot longer, and probably shouldn't be trying to initiate interviews.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Students at the University of Washington (named after George), located in Washington state (named after George), want a statue of George Washington removed for "sins" committed 240 years ago.

I don't think Miller will ever be given a chance to play pro hockey in NA. Might have a shot in Europe though.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Anyone who’s against a teenager working to redeem himself for mistakes he’s made in the past, needs to do some MAJOR soul-searching.
Thats why i suggested back then that we could get him and demand him to work with disabled kids/adults.
And after a year or so we get a evaluation and let him play hockey.

And yes i know that does not mean anything, and i know he is one of the worst assholes i ever heard off, but giving him atleast a rope would give him incentive to change and do better.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->