Proposal: Athanasiou for Dallas Stars' 1st

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Not loaded in the slightest Seguin and Benn have been awful this year with the latter having not been great since 2016

Well, that's the interesting part right there. They've won 10 of their last 12 and got points in 11 of those games and they still feel like there's more that guys like Benn, Seguin, and Radulov can provide. Roope Hintz, who was the lone bright spot early on, and John Klingberg have been out for a good chunk of that stretch. Maybe the team isn't so bad.

If they get those guys going and healthy, they could be a force to be reckoned with. Yes, the Stars were awful to start, but they also barely practiced early on. This is the team you're likely to see and if it continues, I could see Jim Nill dipping into LTIR funds and parting with some assets to augment the strong base he has built.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Well, that's the interesting part right there. They've won 10 of their last 12 and got points in 11 of those games and they still feel like there's more that guys like Benn, Seguin, and Radulov can provide. Roope Hintz, who was the lone bright spot early on, and John Klingberg have been out for a good chunk of that stretch. Maybe the team isn't so bad.

If they get those guys going and healthy, they could be a force to be reckoned with. Yes, the Stars were awful to start, but they also barely practiced early on. This is the team you're likely to see and if it continues, I could see Jim Nill dipping into LTIR funds and parting with some assets to augment the strong base he has built.

Their forwards are basically living off the reputation they had from 2016. Their offense was among the worst in the league last year and they are still in the bottom 5 now. Their coach has neutered the high flying offense they had under Ruff and that isnt changing unless they make some adjustments

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
i never looked but just assumed there'd be somebody . in reality im not high on trading aa because i believe on a better roster with teammates that can feed him he becomes a steady 30 goal scorer and a great fan draw as is as fast as anybody plus a power skater that can bull through dmen . i just threw this idea out there for fun plus the fact that redwings are short at center and d while deeper on the wing so im looking for ways to adjust depth chart while at same time hoping we win lotto and draft laffraniere whose another winger
Dallas last cap dump was Nuke and he is still dumping in Colorado.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Their forwards are basically living off the reputation they had from 2016. Their offense was among the worst in the league last year and they are still in the bottom 5 now. Their coach has neutered the high flying offense they had under Ruff and that isnt changing unless they make some adjustments

there is nothing wrong with that. Sure they don’t score as much but they also don’t give up a ton of goals. Ruff’s team was awful at defense. Monty’s team plays a bit more complete game. Yes scoring is down but it does not matter if you win.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Our forwards have actually been pretty good lately and I’m hoping we keep Gurianov as our 2LW he’s been great. The think with AA is he would not mesh well with our coach. He’s a defence first kind of guy and many players have found themselves off the team because of it (Spezza, Honka, even Gurianov a couple times). I don’t know AA that well, but I’ve heard his defencive game is non existent.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Athanasiou for mid-round pick...
great idea.
WTF.

Let's say you get the 15th overall pick.
From 1989 to 2008 - 6 guys out of 20 drafted at 15th overall scored 30 goals or more in their CAREER.

At 25, AA has 78 goals and 142 points.

From 89 to 08, four guys out of 20 topped AA's 78 goals for their entire career and four guys topped his 142 points.

Now, 09 to 19 looks more promising. SOmewhat.
Still. It's not a good bet you get a better player than AA at 15.

Last edited:
Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
as an unbiased party I wouldnt give up a first for AA, nice player but way to streaky, he has never made a difference in detroit and likely never will

he is like The basketball player Bubbles Hawkins the former Nets guard who put up great numbers when the nets had no one..... Somebody has to score, but it doesnt mean they are a good player on a contending team

the team that gives up a 1st for AA will be questioning their sanity after it all said and done

Reactions: BlackFrancis
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
This proposal is no longer relevant. Everything is going well for the Stars right now, they've got trusted extras to fill in for short-term injuries, so expect the team to make no moves before the TDL (barring a major injury, of course).

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
This proposal is no longer relevant. Everything is going well for the Stars right now, they've got trusted extras to fill in for short-term injuries, so expect the team to make no moves before the TDL (barring a major injury, of course).

I hope they make one trade. A #4 RD to go with Miro or Lindell if you want Klinger and Miro to team up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad