Proposal: Athanasiou for Dallas Stars' 1st

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’d do it. Big gamble by Dallas hoping to get better. I don’t understand how that team has that much talent and is so bad. Is it the coaching? Goaltending?

Started 1-7-1 now back at 8-8-1 . Won 7 of 8 now and playing very well. Problem was scoring and mistakes ( also Bishop didn't start the season well but played much better last few weeks )

Also the Stars have never traded a first rounder in the Jim Nill era. Ever . Conditional 2nd or 3rds that could become a 1st ? Yes but never an outright 1st and won't do it this year either.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Started 1-7-1 now back at 8-8-1 . Won 7 of 8 now and playing very well. Problem was scoring and mistakes ( also Bishop didn't start the season well but played much better last few weeks )

Also the Stars have never traded a first rounder in the Jim Nill era. Ever . Conditional 2nd or 3rds that could become a 1st ? Yes but never an outright 1st and won't do it this year either.

Ah my bad I haven’t looked that high up in the standings in a while. I wouldn’t trade that first either if I were them either.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
This management will hand over their first-born to you over their first-rounder.
I'm not saying I accept this offer, but keep going...

cult-2_3918282b-5b40-4395-a60e-156fd5a705ed.png

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
so list all the talented players they've got and we'll see if they're loaded

I wouldn't say "loaded", but they have what appears to be 6 legit top 6 forwards right now (Gurianov and Hintz have been fantastic, decent depth in Perry and Faksa, and 2 #1 dmen to go along with a good #2/3 in Lindell. Pavelski has been playing soo much better too for a while now

Point totals won't reflect it because of the Stars awful start to the season, but these past several games they've been showing what they're capable of. If Seguin, Klingberg, and Benn could return to form and at least do what they did last season and Hintz and Gurianov can keep it up, I'd say the Stars are reasonably close to "loaded" although not quite there.

If they played like this to start the season they'd be pretty well off right now offensively and defensively. Depth has been there, just needs the big guys to step up.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I’d do it if we could get a third rounder back. We’re already missing our 2nd and 3rd round picks, so I’d need something resembling a draft pick next June.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
the landscapes changing . stars and athanasou starting to roll . the day approaches when the stars late 1st wont be enough .

Guess AA will be staying on the Wings, then.

Cap doesn't work anyway.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He is a Rfa at years end and just scored 30 goals last season and can skate like the wind. No way is he only worth a 2nd / late first.
Mark Stone(much better two way and over a ppg at the time) got a former 1st and a late 2nd.
No way is AA worth anything near that

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Mark Stone(much better two way and over a ppg at the time) got a former 1st and a late 2nd.
No way is AA worth anything near that

because mark stone would only sign long term with Vegas which hurt Ottawa’s ability to extract top value.

Tomas Tatar a worse player than both stone and AA returned a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Reactions: decaguard

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
did u miss part where i said 50% retained , of 3 mil , plus a cap dump back ? and i guarantee aa makes stars a way more dangerous team , those discounting his capabilitys will learn better

What cap dump? We don't really have any of those.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
What cap dump? We don't really have any of those.
i never looked but just assumed there'd be somebody . in reality im not high on trading aa because i believe on a better roster with teammates that can feed him he becomes a steady 30 goal scorer and a great fan draw as is as fast as anybody plus a power skater that can bull through dmen . i just threw this idea out there for fun plus the fact that redwings are short at center and d while deeper on the wing so im looking for ways to adjust depth chart while at same time hoping we win lotto and draft laffraniere whose another winger

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
because mark stone would only sign long term with Vegas which hurt Ottawa’s ability to extract top value.

Tomas Tatar a worse player than both stone and AA returned a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
This just isn't true

Vegas general manager George McPhee is said to have outbid no fewer than seven teams for the former Ottawa Senators' star two-way winger

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
did u miss this part ''because mark stone would only sign long term with Vegas''.
he would only sign as a rental elsewhere

If that was the case then why was there a "bidding war"

He was the top prize leading up to last years deadline......AA certainly will not be

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
If that was the case then why was there a "bidding war"

He was the top prize leading up to last years deadline......AA certainly will not be

because other teams were willing to pay a similar price for him as a rental. Vegas upped their offer, perhaps offering brannstrom instead of a lesser prospect or late 1st knowing full well they were getting a great deal as stone would resign because of his connection with kelly mcrimmon

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Do people really value AA that highly?

yes because it’s clear to anyone that actually watches him he’s much better than his stats may suggest. He plays on a bad team, dealt with an injury early in the season, was snake bit for a few games when he came back. Now he’s back to looking like the same guy from last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad