Proposal: Athanasiou for Dallas Stars' 1st

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
How about Athanasiou and Trevor Daley and a 3rd in 2020 for Ty Delandrea, Joseph Cecconi, and the cap dump of your choice.

This is a general offer, that can always be worked on from both sides.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How about Athanasiou and Trevor Daley and a 3rd in 2020 for Ty Delandrea, Joseph Cecconi, and the cap dump of your choice.

Not high on Dellandrea at all.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Athanasiou is having a rough start this year, with Mantha being the top producer and playing in an overall weak team. His value is not that high at the moment (esp. since there is not much visibility regarding where the DAL 1st will end up to be), but if he recovers and scores 20-30 goals like past years, he will have some value at the TDL.

Athanasiou may help DAL scoring though and I guess if the 1st was top 10 protected and a 2nd pick or so, the offer may be fair, what would DAL fans think about it ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Lets jut take a quick look at the standings...

...I'm guessing that you wouldn't be too keen on the deal if it was AA and a dump for Dallas's first non-lottery first.

No way Dallas does this.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
He doesnt get you a 1st from a non playoff team.

better bet would be a 2nd that became a 1st if the team went to the conference finals.
He is a Rfa at years end and just scored 30 goals last season and can skate like the wind. No way is he only worth a 2nd / late first.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He is a Rfa at years end and just scored 30 goals last season and can skate like the wind. No way is he only worth a 2nd / late first.

Nobody is trading an unknown 1st round pick for someone who will be 26 next season and risk this being a top 10 pick.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW

Just because Dallas is taking on a bunch of older veterans, doesn't mean that they're a retirement home. This is somehow worse than the original offer. You should be ashamed.

And yes, he is worth a late first/early second given that he is at the end of his RFA period, has one decent season under his belt, and probably wants a Ferland deal, which, lol, hell no. It's not just about the player, it's about cost control and Athanasiou is the definition of negative cost control.

You'll either get a similar player back, or a B prospect and a mid pick. Maybe go try to get Devin Shore from Anaheim.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Well, at least OP is offering to retain and take back a cap dump, as apposed to a straight up AA for a 1st proposal.

At this point, it'd take a sizeable cap dump for any team to even consider giving up a 1st for AA right now.

I don't see any Abdelkader-esque contracts on Dallas that would possibly make this worthwhile for them.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Dallas would never pull the trigger on OP's original offer, but Athanasou on a line with Hintz and Gurianov would be incredibly dangerous; easily would be the fastest line in the league.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d do it. Big gamble by Dallas hoping to get better. I don’t understand how that team has that much talent and is so bad. Is it the coaching? Goaltending?

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
I’d do it. Big gamble by Dallas hoping to get better. I don’t understand how that team has that much talent and is so bad. Is it the coaching? Goaltending?
they don't have a lot of talent. that's partly why they're bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->