ATD2020 Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Mountain Lake selects Cy Denney, LW

Scoring LWs are rare, and Denney brings some nice physicality to mesh with Gretzky.

Very good pick there, Denneny should work great with Gretzky. Different center from what he had in real life, but both were playmakers.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
That line just needs a defensive presence to backcheck and go into corners.

Denneny is somewhat responsible defensively, as was required playing for Ottawa. Obviously not a great defensive player, but not a total black hole neither.

That said, agreed a RW with some defensive acumen would be preferable.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Winnipeg Victorias select Aurele Joliat and Joe Malone.
I was also considering Joliat and was hoping he may fall to my next pick (doubted it) - good two way player, complete offense, and a bit of a honey badger. Good picks.

Edit - will say I dont think postseason is a strong suit of his though.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Great pick, I tend to prefer Doughty over Keith, so not sure why the gap last year. In any case they're in the same ballpark.

Doughty hurts himself by playing to the importance of the game. If the game isn't important, he's less engaged. In the biggest games, in the biggest moments, on the biggest stage, Doughty is a monster.

Even with lots of time left in his prime, I think if he stays in LA, he won't add much to his resume. They suck, and he's not going to have anything to play for, so he might just waste the end of his career.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Doughty hurts himself by playing to the importance of the game. If the game isn't important, he's less engaged. In the biggest games, in the biggest moments, on the biggest stage, Doughty is a monster.

Even with lots of time left in his prime, I think if he stays in LA, he won't add much to his resume. They suck, and he's not going to have anything to play for, so he might just waste the end of his career.

Reminds of me a certain Mark Messier :naughty:

I agree with you though, he should try to move if he can or cares. If a team can get him for a "bargain", he's a steal because he can still be that bonafide #1D workhorse on the blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad