ATD2020 Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
For the record, I spoke to seventies just a few days ago and he once again expressed no current desire to participate in an ATD. He simply has too much going on right now.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If 70s wants the team/to make a couple picks here, I am all for it. My main interests are keeping the draft moving and keeping a level playing field, not getting a second team.

I agree those picks need to be made, which is why I'll give a clock to the outsider. The problem is if you take the team, since you have another one already, we can't give it back to Pominville if he shows up tomorrow. If he doesn't show up by his next set obviously you can just grab the team if you still are willing to.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I agree those picks need to be made, which is why I'll give a clock to the outsider. The problem is if you take the team, since you have another one already, we can't give it back to Pominville if he shows up tomorrow. If he doesn't show up by his next set obviously you can just grab the team if you still are willing to.
Or we make it a co-GM situation if Poms comes back.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011

How is my taking the team, then returning it if PK returns and wants it back any different than the current co-gm situation already in the draft?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
How is my taking the team, then returning it if PK returns and wants it back any different than the current co-gm situation already in the draft?

You have a point. While I'm uncomfortable taking his team away, if he still has the possibility to co-GM then that would be fine. Let's do it like this.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I don’t even have to be a co-gm if he returns; he can straight up have the team back.

Ill wait for a few more people to ok the situation (or not), but then i am ready to make the pick whenever I get the ok.

Just do it, but if you do that you have to stay with the team. Cannot have a participant stepping in and making picks for other people's team, this is juust unethical in principle even if we all know you'd picked fairly.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Sherbrooke Daily Record, mercredi 12 mars 1924 (not translated, original in English):

CANADIENS PUT UP GREAT GAME TO WIN TITLE
Outclassed Ottawa in Return Contest, Winning Series by Total Score of 5 to 2. (Associated Press dispatch)

OTTAWA, March 12. — Before a packed house, estimated at about 11,000 people, Montreal Canadiens last night defeated Ottawa Senators by a score of 4 to 2 and won the National Hockey League championship and the right to defend the Stanley Cup against the Western challengers. Local sport writers have no alibis to offer in regard to Canadiens 4 to 2 victory last night, when they won the two game series for the National Hockey League championship by 5 to 2 on the round. The accounts of the game in the Citizen and Journal agree that the erstwhile world’s champions were outskated, outplayed, and most of the time outbrained.

“Some of the more partisan supporters of the Ottawas will probably blame the referees for the loss of the game,” states the Citizen, “but that would be unfair to the new champions.

There are others who will attribute the downfall of one of the greatest teams that ever stepped out on ice, to inferior net guardianship on the part of xxx and weak play on the part of Captain Frank Nighbor, but these alibis are not sufficient. True, xxx had an off night, and Nighbor, after being clipped over the eye by xxx early in the opening period, appeared to lose his effectiveness, but the fact remains, Canadiens turned in a very superior brand of championship hockey and are entitled to the spoils of victory. The once great Ottawa hockey machine cracked under the strain.“

“Two better players than Xxx and Morenz on last night’s performance have seldom been seen in action here,” states the Journal.

“xxx played one of the greatest games of his career, and he was the hero of the game. Morenz followed him, and while a greater worker and more spectacular performer, it was the smashing work of Xxx that aroused the crowd to a frenzy of enthusiasm. Xxx outplayed Xxx, Morenz made Nighbor look very ordinary, and with these players shaded, Canadiens were bound to have the best of it. Ottawa wilted under the torrid pace set by Canadiens. They went down fighting, but they were most of the time a badly disorganized team. For once they met their masters."

“The same jinx that always follows presentations hovered around Frank Nighbor, who after he was presented with the Hart trophy, couldn’t get going.”

Nighbor's poor play was because of his injury most likely. Ottawa was plagued by injuries in 1924 IIRC.

The fact they won in 1927 was surprising to people at the time, because the remaining core players from the early-1920's were seen and described as old men veterans.

Reactions: tinyzombies

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I've GMed before and I'm willing to take over for rounds 2-3, and then if Pominville doesn't return to solo or Co-GM by round 4 (his decision), co-GM with @rmartin65 starting with round 4. I don't want to solo a 1000 player draft.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I've GMed before and I'm willing to take over for rounds 2-3, and then if Pominville doesn't return to solo or Co-GM by round 4 (his decision), co-GM with @rmartin65 starting with round 4. I don't want to solo a 1000 player draft.
This solution should set everyone’s mind at ease, yes?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
No. Now it looks like sharks preying on a dead body. This is still Pominville's team and we gave it to rmartin65 as co-GM. No need for any new GMs right now.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
No. Now it looks like sharks preying on a dead body. This is still Pominville's team and we gave it to rmartin65 as co-GM. No need for any new GMs right now.

It still is Pominville's team if you re-read my proposal, rmartin65 is a new GM to this team which he doesn't even want, he agreed to this, and I offered every choice and possibility, but okay BB.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This has gotten to complicated. I have to agree with BB here. @rmartin65 steppes up and as of now he only has 1 team. Let him make the 2 picks. Then Pominville gets some extra time to show back up and assume control. If he doesn't, let RM keep the team as his second. Simple as that. Can we please agree that's the best solution?
RM doesn't want the team. I was just gonna keep it warm until PK returned as I stated originally or help RM as I stated originally. Good luck, guys. Enjoy the draft.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So it's settled, rmartin65 becomes co-GM with Pominville Knows and that's that.

We can move on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->