ATD2019 Draft Thread II

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Seven ballots received. The voters are: Bench Brawl, Dreakmur, Hawkey Town 18, Namba 17, TheDevilMadeMe, tinyzombies, tony d.

Results:

New Jersey defeat Montreal 4-3. Game 7 went to 2nd OT.
Stars: Richard***, Hašek**, Harvey*

Chicago defeat Sokovia 4-3.
Stars: Lafleur***, Dryden**, Apps*

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So after three rounds the breakdown for voters is:

Voted for all 3 rounds:
BenchBrawl
Dreakmur
TheDevilMadeMe
Hawkey Town 18
tinyzombies
tony d
Namba 17

Voted for 2 rounds:
ResilientBeast

Voted for 1 round:
Claude the Fraud
Johnny Engine
Habsfan18

Everyone else haven't voted in any round, excluding the non-GMs like Sturminator who I think voted for 1 or 2 rounds.

Special thanks to @tinyzombies, @Namba 17 and @tony d, who voted in every round despite their teams being eliminated.

Please everyone, even those who haven't voted in any round, try to vote for the finals next week.There will be a reward for it next year in your ranking order.Thank you.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sorry guys. Been a really hectic few months with the selling of our house, moving into our new house, having a bunch of work done at the house and all of this with a 5 month old at home and I haven’t had much spare time for HF. I’ll try my best to vote in the finals.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
No problem, there's no rush.We can extend until June 9th if needed.

Eh, my point was that I won't be available to count the votes by then. I'm not going to be online regularly for a few weeks, starting on June 8th.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Eh, my point was that I won't be available to count the votes by then. I'm not going to be online regularly for a few weeks, starting on June 8th.

Oh ok, in that case, if an extension is needed, can you send me the results on the 6th or 7th? That way we can continue the voting and I'll collect them.Obviously I'll send in my vote to you before the 6th.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
11 ballots received. Voters: BenchBrawl, BraveCanadian, Dreakmur, Habsfan18, Johnny Engine, Leaf Lander, Namba 17, ResilientBeast, tinyzombies, tony d, Wrigley.

Chicago Shamrocks defeat New Jersey 4-3 (game 7 went to 2nd OT).

Stars: Guy Lafleur***, Dominik Hašek**, Red Kelly*

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Congratulation to @Hawkey Town 18 for finally winning the ATD after so many close calls! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and your strenght as a GM was worthy of more success, which you finally got this year.

Also congratulation to @TheDevilMadeMe for making yet another finals and almost winning your third title, which would have been deserved.In my eyes, this cements your place as a Top 2 all-time ATD GM alongside @Sturminator, with a significant gap between the Top 2 and whoever is in 3rd place (all things considered, championships, deep runs, longevity, consistency, research contributions, even administrative contributions, etc).

Major thanks to @Theokritos who soldiered it up to amass the votes in the last few years, your help was really useful and appreciated.

Also thanks to the other vets who kept going at it after so many years and helping keep this thing alive.I won't name you all but you know who you are.Alo thanks to the ''younger'' GMs who brought new blood and enthousiasm to the community in those last few difficult drafts.

Thanks to all the GMs who kept voting despite their team being eliminated.You are the heart of the playoff process.

This was a fun draft, and more globally this was a fun ride for me from 2011 to 2019.Not sure what will become of the draft, but that's up to you guys (me included) to make it live on if that's what we want.A truly unique intellectual, social, political and almost artistic game combining all those elements, which is rare.If this is to be the end, I will keep a lot of great memories and will look fondly on that era where each january this great game started.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad