ATD2019 - Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Was wondering when he'd go, that's pretty good value there. I had him in a previous draft. A very good player who didn't get the recognition he deserved.

The smaller draft hasn't effected either wing position but some good values have been found at center and defence at multiple different points

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'll select one of the best offensive Cs on the board and draft Dale Hawerchuk, C.

He'll look great alongside the Howe's on my top line.

cut.jpg

Had him last year, always found hes been underrated (in general).

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
a20792a1244e7660411017_m__78834.1414097622.1280.1280.JPG

Woody Dumart

At 6'1", one of the largest wingers of his day - was the skilled checking and defensive component to the line, while contributing good scoring.

packed a hard shot .... very heavy shot

One of Dumart' least-publicized but most effective performances occured during the 1953 Stanley Cup semifinals against the first-place Detroit Red Wings. Woody, an aging veteran, was asked to shadow the inimitable Gordie Howe, Detroit's crack right wing. Dumart accomplished his task so well that the Bruins upset the Red Wings in six games and Howe was limited to only two goals.

He was especially reliable in important games.

beefy, hard-working left-flanker

Woody could take care of himself and played hard clean hockey.

He is noted, no doubt about it, as one of the better defensive forward in the National Hockey League ever. he was so strong - Uncle Milty

Reactions: King Forsberg

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I agree with Dreakmur’s choice. Even if you were to rank Armstrong higher on a Best Captains of All Time list, it’s close enough where I’d give it to the player whose on ice performance is going to be a lot more impactful than the other’s.

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->