ATD2011 William Northey Semis: (2) Detroit Falcons vs. (3) Vancouver Millionaires

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think because Nighbor spent a large chunk of his career not in the National league it hrt his ranking. Stil there were some head scratching rankings - like H.Richard in the 20's.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Compared to other Original 6 players, Henri doesn't look like an outlier. If the list on wikipedia hasn't been tampered with, he's 9 spots behind Ted Lindsay, 2 spots behind Milt Schmidt, and 2 spots ahead of Dickie Moore.

The list is just blatantly biased towards guys who played between 1940 and 1970 for good teams.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
How many times do I have to say it? Briere is a scrub in ATD terms at RW, especially on a first line. Everything historically relevant that he has accomplished has come at center. His top 10 in points, goals, and assists all came as a center. Look at Briere's last 7 years. His 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th best point totals came at center. When he played RW, 6th and 7th (08-09 and 09-10 regular seasons). Granted, he was injured in 08-09, but my point stands. His four best playoff seasons all came at center, and this year, which is likely to be a very good one, is at center. Briere is significantly, significantly less effective at RW compared to center. Danny Briere has achieved nothing in an ATD context at RW.

Rolls eyes....

He has proven himself to be a good enough player that we can give him some credit and assume he could adjust to being a RW at the ATD level and keep up. Ignoring the first obvious clue that he has played there for the past few seasons.

Show me one team that is flawless on every line or defence pair. Briere is simply a weak link or a question mark for me, but not a scrub.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Rolls eyes....

He has proven himself to be a good enough player that we can give him some credit and assume he could adjust to being a RW at the ATD level and keep up. Ignoring the first obvious clue that he has played there for the past few seasons.

Show me one team that is flawless on every line or defence pair. Briere is simply a weak link or a question mark for me, but not a scrub.

How can we assume that when it's been tried in real life and it very clearly didn't work well??? Yeah, he can play RW, but he's not good at it, period.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Detroit defeats Vancouver in 5 games.

3 stars:

Harvey
Morenz
Firsov

also factors: Lach, Lindros, Horton

Thanks for the nice, fought serie MB. I'm a bit surprise to win in five games, but I guess it's good for my team. I wouldn't of like seeing my team play seven gruelling matchup against the rough and tumble Millionaires. I'm also very please to see Anatoli Firsov getting recognition as the third star of this series.

I won't have Internet connection for the next four days, so don't think I'm completely MIA for my next series. I will try to come at least twice to give my thoughts on my second round series.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Good job EB, I'll be cheering for you from here on out (hey at least I lose against the best team, right?).

Id like to remind everyone I had to deal with having last pick. Im proud of the team I was able to put together. Losing in 5 is a tough pill to swollew since the Falcons were only better defensively IMO. Coaching, goaltending, and depth up front I was better I truly thought.

Looking forward to ATD 2012 or whenever the next one is. :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->