ATD2011 Trade Thread & Trade Talk

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
But I have 2 of the ''top 5'' player of all-time so to speak to compensate , which my make my borderline players way better by playing with them.Anyway , It's still to be confirmed and accepted by gms.

Also , veto is good and all , but it's pretty clear there's no collusion here , i'm new to this experience and it's VERY VERY clear what my intentions are with this trade if you take into account I already have Gretzky.

But we'll see.

Well, I don't think one should factor in picks/players not involved in the deal too much, especially early, since it is soley the trade that should be evaluated. I find it a tad too one-sided, but just one man's opinion and I leave it to comittee.

In the interests of not swaying the trade more from anything other than a veto-consideration point, I won't add more.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I say don't do anything until I get ahold of ZM. I feel like I get equal say in whether this trade goes through, so I want to know what his mindset is behind this. I'm not sure if I'm interested in making this deal.

Yes, I would imagine co-GMs should really discuss trades between themselves before they are made public.

Oh well, it hasn't gone through yet, so no harm done.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Well, I don't think one should factor in picks/players not involved in the deal too much, especially early, since it is soley the trade that should be evaluated. I find it a tad too one-sided, but just one man's opinion and I leave it to comittee.

In the interests of not swaying the trade more from anything other than a veto-consideration point, I won't add more.

Is it one-sided? In a 40 team draft, 11-15th round picks will be guys who used to be selected 13-18 rounds in a 30 team draft.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I don,t think it's that one sided , because it's not a ordinary 1st rounder , it's a top 5 picks in an ALL-TIME draft , and the differance between top 5 and top 20 and top 50 so on is as big as the differance between 250 and 350 ( sorry english not my first language but you did get my point )

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
i would not veto.

and such different ways of building teams makes ATD more interesting.

thatguy17

Dec 18, 2010
i`m looking to move up in the first round, open to all offers
please pm if interested

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Im an aggressive GM lmao

I guess it'll take a while for all of this but I'll be around until 3 a.m. ( eastern time ) tonight and tomorrow also.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
i'm sorry to slow down the draft people lol
Business is business I guess ;)
But Zamboni Mania told me to post it if I agree with the deal so I did , but he's not there anymore and they're co-gms and now some people are against the trade ( even though people thinks it's one-sided on DIFFERANT SIDE ) so what do you want me to do? :)

Let's sit back and watch the show.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
i'm sorry to slow down the draft people lol
Business is business I guess ;)
But Zamboni Mania told me to post it if I agree with the deal so I did , but he's not there anymore and they're co-gms and now some people are against the trade ( even though people thinks it's one-sided on DIFFERANT SIDE ) so what do you want me to do? :)

Let's sit back and watch the show.

No worries the original set date was Jan 31 lol.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Again, I don't think one should be considering pieces not involved in the actual trade itself too much.

History shows the theory of dyanmic duo>depth doesn't really hold out in the end.

Depends which duo you talking about :naughty:

Anyway , no matter what happens , let me tell you for my first night ever working on an all-time draft , I had a tremendous amount of fun!

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
There has never been a dynamic duo like Gretzky/***** ******* in the history of sport...

In a previous ATD I had Gordie Howe and the magnificent player in question...

This. I'm not sure how the guy who got the depth did, but I do know Nalyd didn't win :P

And frankly, if you're talking about a double C combo, I don't see the guy you are referring to slipping to fifth.

Without depth, even the greatest duo like that can not beat a team with good depth (ala Penguins losing to Wings in the SCF a couple of years ago. They won the next year, but with some key contributions from depth guys and a defense core at a level I don't see that the Gretzky team will be able to come close to reproducing, relatively).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->